My Dream Cast for a Live-Action Remake of 'The Incredibles'

Alas, no, I am aware of no immediate plans for Disney to produce a live-action version of The Incredibles.  But if such plans should ever materialize . . . have I got a cast ready for them or what. 😉


Elastigirl / Helen Parr
Emma Stone


Emma would rock Helen's grit & sass like no other actress available today & I will not be accepting criticism of that statement at this time. 

I would absolutely love to see her in this role.  She would crush it. 

Mr. Incredible / Bob Parr
Eric Allan Kramer


I know he's a leetle too old now, especially as a partner for Stone, but he's the only person I've ever been able to envision as Bob.  (Except Alan Hale, Jr., but he's about six feet too old.)  So it is what it is, peeps. 

Violet Parr
Mackenzie Foy 


I went back and forth on the casting for Violet.  I would also love to see what Millie Bobby Brown could do with the role, so it was difficult to decide.  In the end, I think Mackenzie Foy would still be my first choice, but I would have no real complaints about an MBB decision.

Dash Parr
Huck Milner


I mean, he already voiced Dash in the sequel — and doesn't he look the part??

Frozone / Lucius Best
Aldis Hodge


If I don't get to see my precious sassy boy recreate the "wHeRe iS My sUpErSUiT" scene at least once in my life, then what, pray tell, has been the freaking point of it all?!

Edna Mode
Linda Hunt


This casting isn't original to me:  I had thought of it as well, years ago, when I watched a movie with Hunt in it, but I'd actually completely forgotten about it until I was searching for pictures for this post.  Then I saw someone else's dream cast of Linda as Edna, and I remembered how perfect the idea is. 

If you were curious, my initial casting for Edna was going to be Alex Borstein.  I still think she would be wonderful in the role, but I do have to give top billing to Hunt. 

Syndrome / Buddy Pine
Michael Cera


Mmmm, this one was tough.  I feel like Jonah Hill is the obvious choice, but for some reason it doesn't feel quite right.  Plus — I don't if it's due to watching Arrested Development or what — something about Michael Cera seems to embody barely bridled chaos and I can see a Syndrome performance by him being Something Else. 😂

Mirage
Karlie Kloss


I think Kloss would reproduce Mirage's femme-fatale intelligence flawlessly. 

Kari McKeen
Amybeth McNulty


I couldn't come up with anyone for Kari, but then I thought of Amybeth and now I am here. for. it.  She would be fabulous. 

Gilbert Huph
Tony Shalhoub  


I don't know why I want to see the cinnamon roll that is Tony Shalhoub play the "I'm not happy" guy — but I do. 😆

Rick Dicker
Harrison Ford 


Can't you just picture Harrison Ford as the cynical, hard-bitten, world-weary PR director who is about 300% done with supers and all their nonsense?  I think he would bring the perfect sense of faintly amused, grudgingly affectionate sardonicism to the role. 

Bernie Kropp
Aaron Ruell


"Coincidence?  i tHiNk NOT!!!"

I rest my case and thank you for your time. *sweeps a bow*


What say you?
Are you not entertained?! 😜

Comments

  1. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS IS BRILLIANT! Now we just have to make Disney get on it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuu . . . and yes, Disney really just needs to visit my blog and learn from my wisdom. xD (Lol)

      Delete
  2. THAT CASTING OF FROZONE! SO SPOT ON! ITS LIKE THE SAME PICTURE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was fully loving this and absolutely ALL of your choices, then the last one happened. Which proceeded to kill me with the sheer perfection of it. I don't even like The Incredibles, BUT I WANT THIS TO HAPPEN. PLEASE AND THANK YOU. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was the last one I thought of -- I suddenly remembered that I needed to cast Bernie -- and I LOVED it. xD

      Delete
  4. All of your choices are brilliant, but Aldis Hodge, aka Alec Hardison, as Frozone, is sheer inspired genius. GENIUS, I SAY. "then what, pray tell, has been the freaking point of it all?!?!" My sentiments exactly, m'dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU THANK YOU

      I knew you would understand ;)

      Delete
  5. I need to rewatch the Incredibles and see the new one. This is unique, I've never thought or even seen anyone suggest a live cast, it would certainly be interesting. I don't know most of the actresses and actors, but Eric Kramer as Bob is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both movies! I know, I was thinking yesterday about how a live action version would present some unique challenges: especially with Elastigirl, they'd have to try to make CGI super-stretching look halfway realistic. Hmm.

      Thanks! I've always pictured Kramer as Bob.

      Delete
  6. AHHHHH, THIS CASTING IS PERFECT. I NEEEEDDDD THIS MOVIE ASAP. GET ON IT, DISNEY.
    *clears throat* Okay, this casting is GENIUS but Emma Stone as Elastigirl and Aldis Hodge as Frozone are especially perfect.
    Also, I nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOOOUUUUUU

      Ahh, and thank you for the award! Can't wait to see it!

      Delete
  7. OKAY BUT THIS IS LITERALLY 1000000% PERFECT AND I NEED THIS SENT TO DISNEY NOW AND THEY NEED TO MAKE A LIVE ACTION WITH THIS EXACT CAST.

    Oh. My. Word. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popping by to let you know I tagged you with my Delights of Christmas tag: https://ladyofanorien.blogspot.com/2020/12/12-delights-of-christmas-tag.html

    Would love to have you join in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thank you! I love the tag; hope to be able to complete it sometime soonish! :) <3

      Delete
  9. I love this and now I want to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (And so good to see you back in the blogging world. <3 You've been missed!)

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH. MY. WORD. This is perfection! So many of these I am flabbergasted at how well you nailed it, but I am still stopping at Emma Stone as Mrs. Incredible and just..... YEEEESSSSSS!!!!! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, thank you!!! I'm so happy people like it! :D :D

      Delete
  12. Dude I always thought he'd be perfect as a live action Mr Incredible since I was a little kid!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The information and facts talked about within the post are some of the top out there 먹튀사이트

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tommy Lee Jones as Rick Dicker is my only "mmm I'd like this better", but everything else is gold. Also Amybeth? wow, just wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOHH okay actually I'm with you, Tommy Lee Jones would be better.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review