Red Carpet Eye Candy . . . {5}

I've sort of run out of clever ways in which to start these posts, so . . . yeah.  You know the drill. :-P


I like Jennifer Morrison's style, but usually it's too plunging for me.  Needless to say, I was happy to find this pretty, modest outfit. :)  J-Mo (I heard the rest of the cast call her that in an interview and it was adorable) definitely knows how to style, that's for sure.  


I love the wine color of this dress, and just how slinky and simple it is.  Plus, it also just looks La La Land, doesn't it?


The token Cinderella dress. :D  (Actually, though, Emma Watson's is also Cinderellic, and so is Jennifer Laurence's . . . oh, well.)  The color is gorgeous on Blake Lively, there's just the right amount of floofiness (not too much), and basically it just looks great. :)  I also like the sequined beading or whatever that is on the top, and how it continues down into the skirt.


Auli'i Cravalho seems so cute and sweet. :)  And I really like this dress, too -- I don't think the pattern would have worked as well in color, but since it's neutral it really flows nicely.  


Now, yes, the neckline is too low, but other than that, I actually quite like this look.  Which kind of surprises me, since it's a bit more "out there," and I'm still not sure if the pinned-up bustle thing is spot-on.  But the styling is great and makes me think of the 1920's. :)


Squinting at the picture right now, I think it's actually a lace overlay, but it looks rather like sequins or beading from a distance, and I think it works really well for her -- which is saying something, given that it seems like it'd be a difficult color to wear well.  (Also, are those shamrocks?!)


A more closed bodice would have been nice *ahem*, but I really like this, otherwise.  The color is really pretty and looks fantastic on Hailee, and I like the drape of the dress and the styling she did.


Loverly. <3  And the fabric looks like it'd feel silky. :D


I think this was some event where celebrities were supposed to come dressed sort of like different countries?  I'm not sure.  But anyway, strange as it might be, I do like this piece.  And it looks really cool from the back.


I LOVE THIS SO MUCH.  JUST ALL THE YES.  <3  Plus, the photos of her and Dan Stevens at this premiere?!  LOOK. <3)  It's so simple, yet so elegant, and the hairstyle complements it perfectly, as does the delicate jewelry that she wore (which you can't really see in this picture).  And, as you may know, I'm kind of a sucker for trains, so . . . ;D

Which is your favorite of these gowns? :)










Comments

  1. ALL THE PRETTINESS!!! I just love when you do these posts. :D

    My favorite? Definitely Blake Lively's flouncy gown. IT'S JUST SO PRINCESSY AND I WANT IT. (I'm a sucker for princess dresses. *ahem*)

    Other favorites include Emma Watson's AND Emma Stone's dresses (those are SO LOVELY), Hailee's purple dress (y'know, if it had more substantial material at the top *coughs*), and Auli'i Cavalho's gown. Which...is most of the outfits in this post. Hehe. :P

    The only ones I don't like are the fifth one (the high-low dress with the plunging neckline) and the gold one that Anne Hathaway is wearing. Sorry to say those just aren't my style. ;)

    ANYWAY. Enough of my rambling. THIS POST WAS LOVELY! I'm always excited when you do a red carpet post. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Mary! It makes me so happy that people like them so much. :D

      I KNOW RIGHT. <3 (I'm a sucker for them, too, although I recently discovered that I'm not so sure how good a ballgown style would look on me! Isn't that strange? Like, I love them, I just feel like a "longer, looser" style would look better on me personally, if that makes any sense? For instance, I think I might look better in Ella's wedding dress than her ball gown, from Cinderella 2015.)

      YAAAAASSSS. Hehe, well, I don't mind. :-P

      Oh, that's fine! I don't think I'd ever wear either of those, either, but I like how they look on those particular women. :D

      Nonsense! Loved your rambling. :) Awww, thank you so much!! <3

      Delete
  2. Lovely dresses. :) I'd probably have to pick the floofy white dress as my favorite. It's so purty! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they, Faith? :D Ooh, which floofy white one? Haha, sorry -- it's just that there are so many that seem to be floofy. :D

      Delete
  3. Blake Lively is flawless. How??? XD My favorite was definitely Blake's dress, but I kind of have a small obsession with her. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Blake Lively is flawless. How???" << Well, my friend, you're not wrong. XD

      Delete
  4. Felicity Jones is a master of the simple-yet-classy look. I really admire her style. *nods*

    Auli'i Cravalho's dress is perfect!!!! Wow, the pattern/texture really reminds me of seashells, know what I mean? Which is appropriate, of course . . .

    I really love Jennifer Lawrence's gown. It's so swoopy and elegant.

    OKAY BUT EMMA WATSON'S IS TOTALLY THE BEST THANKS HELLO GOODBYE. No kidding. She is a #queen. Hands down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recently I found several red carpet looks of Felicity Jones's that I really liked, which made me happy, because previously I'd seen some that I felt didn't really flatter her and made her look bigger than she really is?? But anyway. Like I said, I found some now that I really like. :)

      Ahh, seashells! It does, rather, doesn't it?! That's so neat, I hadn't seen it that way . . .

      For reals. <3

      "OKAY BUT EMMA WATSON'S IS TOTALLY THE BEST THANKS HELLO GOODBYE. No kidding. She is a #queen. Hands down." << YES AMEN TO EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID.

      Delete
  5. First of all, before I talk about the dresses, you totally got me hooked on the Dan Stevens + Emma Watson pictures. OLIVIA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. I love theeeem. And then I was looking at all these funny pictures with words on them (taken from interviews they'd done) and oh my, their sense of humour is hilarious. XD I have a feeling I'm growing Very Attached to Dan Stevens.

    Ahem. ANYWAY. (Got completely side tracked there...)

    My favourites are Blake Lively's, Auli'i Cravalho's, Hailee Steinfeld's, and Emma Watson's. :D

    Also, the one that reminds you of the 1920's looks INCREDIBLY hard to walk in. :P (So does Anne Hathaway's.) Although, I guess they all would be, to some degree... no wonder Jennifer Lawrence has tripped at multiple red carpets, haha.

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEEEEE, heeheeeheeeheee! That makes me so happy. :D AREN'T THEY JUST ADORABLE AND COMPATIBLE GAHH. (I can send you links to a few interviews I've seen that are really cute, if you're interested! :))

      Excellent choices. ;)

      "No wonder Jennifer Lawrence has tripped at multiple red carpets, haha." << Haha! And recovered so well, bless her heart. #Goals. :D

      Delete
  6. OLIVIA!!!!! YOU HAVE DONE IT AGAIN!!! :O :O :O

    The only dress that I have seen of these was Auli'i Cravalho's, all the others STUNNED ME SO MUCH THEY ARE JUST SO WOW!!!!!!!!! (HOW had I NOT seen Emma Watson's!!!??)
    My favorites:
    Jennifer Morrison's, Blake Lively's, Jennifer Lawrence's, Anne Hathaway's, and EMMA WATSON'S!!!!!!!

    Fabulous post Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I'm so sorry I haven't told you yet, I have been so busy! I tagged you, you definitely don't have to if you don't want to! You can just tell me in the comments too. :)
      https://moviesmeetmatch.blogspot.com/2017/05/100-books-bbc-think-most-people-havent.html

      Delete
    2. Awwww, THANK YOU! Seriously, you are too sweet. *hugs*

      Isn't Emma Watson's gorgeous?!?!?!

      Thank you so much!

      And eek, thanks for the tag! I'm compiling some tag posts right now. ;)

      Delete
  7. These are literally some of my favorite posts of yours. Seriously.

    Favourites would be the red La La Land one, (Seriously it is sooooo pretty I can't!!) Auli'i Cravalho's dress, (It's so glamorous in a simple way) and of course the last one. It's seriously goals. AND HER HAIR IS EVERYTHINGGGG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, that makes me SO happy. Seriously, thank you. :)

      "AND HER HAIR IS EVERYTHINGGGG" << I KNOW RIGHT

      Delete
  8. Loving the one that Felicity Jones wore. Plus, she's just so darling. Wears her own fashion sense with absolute pride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does seem really cute!! :D Sometimes I've felt like she's chosen red carpet dresses that make her look bigger than she really is, but lately I've found some I really like. :)

      Delete
  9. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. discount rugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review