Yet Another Humongous Tag Post, Part I


** EDIT **  Apparently, I initially marked George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty Four as read, but I have only started it.  So, really, I have read 19 of these books, not 20, and have started 6.  My bad. :-P

So, I'm behind on tags again (shocker), and I was planning to have another huge post, but . . . I think it'd actually be too long, this time, to fill out all the tags in one post. Ergo the "Part I" addendum to the title.

Thank you so much to the two lovely ladies whose tags I will be filling out in this first edition!  Y'all rock. <3  Let's get started! 

The "100 Books the BBC Think Most People Haven't Read More than 6 of" Tag ~
(courtesy of MovieCritic)

Rules:

1. Be honest.
2. Put an asterisk next to the ones you have read all the way through. Put an addition sign next to the ones you have started.
3. Tag as many people as these books that you have read.

Here we go!  *cue all the aesthetic book pictures*

Books:

1.  Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen *
2.  Gormenghast Trilogy -  Mervyn Peake
3.  Jane Eyre - Charlotte Brontë *
4.  Temple of the Golden Pavilion - Yukio Mishima
5.  To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee *
6.  The Story of the Eye - George Bataille
7.  Wuthering Heights - Emily Brontë *
8.  Nineteen Eighty Four - George Orwell +
9.  Adrift on the Nile - Naguib Mahfouz
10.  Great Expectations - Charles Dickens *
11.  Little Women - Louisa May Alcott *
12.  Tess of the D’Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy
13.  Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
14.  Rhinoceros - Eugene Ionesco
15.  Baron in the Trees - Italo Calvino


16.  The Master of Go - Yasunari Kawabata
17.  Woman in the Dunes - Abe Kobo
18.  Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger +  (I mean, sort of?  I skimmed through it once.)
19.  The Feast of the Goat - Mario Vargas Llosa
20.  Middlemarch - George Eliot
21.  Gogol's Wife - Tomasso Landolfi
22.  The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald *
23.  Magic Mountain - Thomas Mann
24.  War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy
25.  Ferdydurke - Gombrowicz
26.  Narcissus and Goldmund - Herman Hesse
27.  Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky *
28.  The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
29.  Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll *
30.  The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame *


31.  Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy *
32.  The Jungle - Upton Sinclair
33.  Tom Sawyer / Huck Finn - Mark Twain  */+, respectively
34.  Emma - Jane Austen
35.  Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe *
36.  Delta Wedding - Eudora Welty
37.  The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini +  (Again, I've just skimmed it.)
38.  Naomi - Junichiro Tanizaki
39.  Cosmicomics - Italo Calvino
40.  The Joke - Milan Kundera
41.  Animal Farm - George Orwell
42.  Labyrinths - Gorge Luis Borges
43.  One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
44.  A Prayer for Owen Meaney - John Irving +
45.  Under My Skin - Doris Lessing


46.  Anne of Green Gables - L. M. Montgomery *
47.  Far From The Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy *
48.  Don Quixote - Miguel Cervantes *
49.  Lord of the Flies - William Golding
50.  Absalom Absalom - William Faulkner
51.  Beloved - Toni Morrison
52.  The Flounder - Gunther Grass
53.  Dead Souls - Nikolai Gogol
54.  Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen
55.  My Name is Red - Orhan Pamuk
56.  A Dolls House - Henrik Ibsen
57.  A Tale Of Two Cities - Charles Dickens *
58.  Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
59.  The Idiot - Fyodor Dostoevesky +  (very briefly)
60.  Love In The Time Of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez


61.  Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
62.  Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
63.  Leaves of Grass - Walt Whitman
64.  Death on the Installment Plan - Celine
65.  Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
66.  On The Road - Jack Kerouac
67.  Jude the Obscure - Thomas Hardy
68.  Pedro Paramo - Juan Rulfo
69.  Midnight’s Children - Salman Rushdie
70.  Moby Dick - Herman Melville
71.  Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
72.  Dracula - Bram Stoker
73.  The Metamorphosis - Kafka
74.  Epitaph of a Small Winner - Machado De Assis
75.  Ulysses - James Joyce


76.  The Inferno - Dante *
77.  Swallows and Amazons - Arthur Ransome
78.  Germinal - Emile Zola
79.  To the Light House - Virginia Woolf *
80.  Disgrace - John Maxwell Coetzee
81.  A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
82.  Zorba the Greek - Nikos Kazantzakis
83.  The Color Purple - Alice Walker
84.  The Box Man - Abe Kobo
85.  Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert
86.  A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry
87.  The Stranger - Camus
88.  Acquainted with the Night - Heinrich Boll
89.  Don't Call It Night - Amos Oz
90.  The Faraway Tree Collection - Enid Blyton


91.  Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
92.  The Little Prince - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
93.  Gravity's Rainbow - Thomas Pychon
94.  Memoirs of Hadrian - Marguerite Yourcenar
95.  A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole
96.  Things Fall Apart - Chinua Achebe
97.  The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
98.  Hamlet - William Shakespeare *
99.  Faust - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe +  (I've read "significant" excerpts of both the First and the Second parts.)
100.  Metamorphosis - Ovid

Total:

Books read: 19 and a half (Tom Sawyer is half of #33 :-P)
Books started: 6 and a half (Huck Finn, see above :-P)
People I tag:  Okay . . . well, I happened upon an idea.  I decided I'd just tag the first 20 people to comment on one of my recent posts (I had to go back to "IT'S PARTY TIME") to find that many, but no matter).  Well, the first 20 after the very first person, in this case, because MovieCritic herself was the first person to comment on that post, and as she's the one who tagged me . . . yeah. :)  And lots of these people may have already been tagged, but, y'know, that's beyond my control. ;-P  You ready, peeps?  Here goes!

Naomi * Jessica Prescott * Natalie * Meredith * Miss March * Rachel * Ruth * Livia Rachelle * Morgan LuaAnn * DKoren * The Girl with the Gold Pen * Hamlette * Eva * Brittany B * Hannah Deno * Rilla Blythe * Rosie McCann * Miss Meg * Mary Katherine * Ivy Miranda *




(courtesy of Cordy)

Rules:

1. Link back to the person who tagged you
2. List four fictional characters (use pictures if you want! They can be from movies or books) and, if you like, describe what they're like and why you believe they relate to you
3. Tag a few other blog people! Three, or four, or even twenty. :) Share the fun!
Be sure to let them know you've tagged them!

Characters:

1.  Molly Gibson
(from Wives and Daughters)


I've long felt a kinship with Molly.  We're both of us rather quiet and compassionate, and willing to think the best of everybody until proven wrong.  We're also good listeners and people talk to us a lot. :D  (And we like being there for people, don't get us wrong!  But sometimes, depending on the substance of what people are unburdening themselves of and how often it happens, we can get a bit overwhelmed.)

We can both take a lot, but eventually something will cave and we might lose it.  Molly's better about confronting people when she thinks they've done something wrong than I am, though.  

We'd both rather keep our feelings to ourselves (if they're of a Romantic Nature *ahem*) than risk making a fool out of ourselves by telling the other person. 


2.  Susan Pevensie
(from The Chronicles of Narnia)


As I'm sure I've mentioned at least once, I get defensive when people judge Susan and/or hate on her.  I personally have always liked her, and have always felt that I've related to her much more than to Lucy.

We both struggle with doubt and feelings of insecurity.  I believe that Susan is probably, secretly, rather jealous of Lucy -- and, shameful though it might be, I kind of relate?  

Lucy is looked at (and is, honestly) as this perfect, model believer who never has any trouble having wholehearted faith.  And that's not Susan, and it's not me.  (I'm not insinuating that those who like Lucy more than Susan think of themselves as perfect, model believers and oh-so-holier-than-thou, though, just to be clear!)  What if Susan secretly resented Lucy because she felt she could never possibly measure up to her in Aslan's eyes?  Lucy gives Aslan so much real, true, undivided faith and trust and love and obedience, and Susan doesn't. 

Susan has trouble believing.  And honestly, though a good part of that is obviously due to her pride and her "intellectual arrogance" and her "logic," I think a large part of it is also fear.  I think Susan might be afraid to put her trust in Aslan because she is afraid of putting her trust in something that seems too good to be true, since if she trusts too implicitly, she might be left hanging. Aslan might fall through for her, and she doesn't want to allow herself the possibility of looking like a blind, naïve fool if that were to happen.  

(Also, we're both mother-hens.) 

I just relate a lot to her, okay?!  (And I guess I've always especially liked Anna Popplewell's Susan?  I mean, she's gorgeous and her wardrobe is #goals, and I think she does Susan very well.)

I've been thinking a lot about Susan lately because, as I mentioned in this post . . . I'm hoping and planning to write a continuation of Susan's story at some point in the not-too-distant future!  I've actually been feeling more and more of an urging to write it which I think is God, and so y'all might be seeing more Susan/Narnia-related posts popping up soon. ;)


3.  Anna & Elsa
(from Frozen)


That's right, both of them! :)  I'm cheating a bit, hehe. ;-P

I relate to Anna's optimism and general buoyancy, though not so much her extroversion. ;)  

I relate to Elsa's feelings of responsibility and struggles with anxiety.  (Not quite to her level, though -- I mean, I'm okay!  Don't fret!)  Also her introversion, and the fact that though she is so quiet and reserved, there's a part of her heart that really responds to freedom and "joyous abandonment" and "self-expression" and all that. 

4.  Fern Arable
(from Charlotte's Web)



I realized recently that I am basically Fern Arable.  Passionate animal-lovers and despisers of animal cruelty!  (Which, I mean, most people are -- again, not trying to be all holier-than-thou.)  We'll both rush to keep an animal from death, even if it could be argued that our methods and reasoning are less than perfectly logical and/or consistent.  

I shall tag four people, because it Makes Sense. ;D  


Ta-ta for now, my loves!  I don't know when I'll get to part two of this, but . . . it'll happen someday.  (I hope.)  ;D

Comments

  1. I already wrote out my post before I saw I was tagged, haha because I just liked the questions. I doubt I will find very many people to tag though. Most bookish people are in the same blog circle, but I think I may be able to find a few who might not have been tagged. I'm curious to see what everyone has read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Livia, haha! You sound like a girl after my own heart when it comes to tags. :D I do know what you mean about the difficulty with tagging people, though.

      Delete
  2. You tagged me!!! YAY! *hugs you* Okay, I know this will be somewhat long and/or cumbersome to do in the comments; but I'm gonna go for it anyway. You only live once.

    Books from the list I have read all the way through:
    1. Pride and Prejudice
    2. To Kill a Mockingbird
    3. 1984
    4. Little Women
    5. Wind in the Willows (abridged version)
    6. Emma
    7. Anne of Green Gables
    8. Sense and Sensibility
    9. A Doll's House
    10. Dante's Inferno
    11. A Christmas Carol
    12. Things Fall Apart

    Books from the list I've started and/or skimmed:
    1. Feast of the Goat (which btw includes INCREDIBLY GRAPHIC descriptions of sexual assualt, just so's y'all know)
    2. Tom Sawyer
    3. Robinson Crusoe
    4. Leaves of Grass
    5. Moby-Dick
    6. Metamorphosis
    7. The Little Prince

    And . . . before I forget . . . OLIVIA. YOU INCLUDED FERN ARABLE. I'M SCREAMING. I love Fern!!!!! I really, really wanted to be her when I was a kid--I don't know if I ever actually achieved it, but I just adore her. I love how quiet and observant she is, and how she doesn't care if others think she's "weird" for going off by herself. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh, I forgot how much I love Charlotte's Web. Until you reminded me <3 Because I do. It's one of my oldest favorites. And the illustrations are just beautiful.

    Write the Susan thing. DO IT. *high-five for morale*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Hugs you back* You're so welcome!! Thanks for filling it out. :)

      I need to read more Austen books. I've only read three. The rest of y'all put me to shame, haha. ;)

      Yeesh, thanks for telling me about Feast of the Goat! I'd never heard of it and had no plans to read it, but now I have plans to not read it.. :-P And you've read Moby-Dick! *sigh* . . . I'm just dreading that one, honestly. (I do want to read Metamorphosis and The Little Prince someday in the far future, though. :) What is The Little Prince about, btw? I suppose I could just look it up . . . )

      OKAY LET ME SCREAM WITH YOU FOR A MINUTE. Because I understand about forgetting how AMAZING Charlotte's Web is.

      I was hoping for somebody more unique, preferably a book or TV show character, to use in the tag, and then at work I remembered Fern while talking to a coworker about children's books. So I was happy and thought that was a neat little gift from God. :) But anyway, I proceeded to re-read it and GAHH IT'S REALLY GOOD. And Fern and little me were nearly clones, I feel like. *nods* Haha, I know what you mean about wanting to be a character and not being sure whether you've actually achieved it! You make me smile. :) (Also, the illustrations! Yaaaaasss!)

      HIGH FIVE FOR MORALE! << Thank you for the reference. :D (And I'll try!)

      Delete
    2. Yeah. Feast of the Goat is like . . . NOPENOPENOPENOPE. Just don't go there.

      Moby-Dick is something I had to read for American Lit in college--it was dry. Really dry. But the plot was kind of interesting, I guess? With the great white whale obsession and all? Maybe I just skimmed it too quickly to really appreciate it (this is VERY PROBABLE #collegestudent) I was much more a fan of The Scarlet Letter, which I also read for that class. Now there's an amazing story.

      The Little Prince is . . . hard to describe. It's like a fairy tale, and yet it's not a fairy tale. It was written by this French author in the mid-20th century and it's all about this tiny, tiny prince who lives on a tiny, tiny planet. It's sad but sweet. You might really like it, actually :-)

      Leverage references for the win!!! "No stabbing Wednesdays. New tradition."

      <3

      Delete
  3. Books:

    1. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen *
    2. Gormenghast Trilogy - Mervyn Peake
    3. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Brontë *
    4. Temple of the Golden Pavilion - Yukio Mishima
    5. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee *
    6. The Story of the Eye - George Bataille
    7. Wuthering Heights - Emily Brontë *
    8. Nineteen Eighty Four - George Orwell *
    9. Adrift on the Nile - Naguib Mahfouz
    10. Great Expectations - Charles Dickens *
    11. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott *
    12. Tess of the D’Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy*
    13. Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
    14. Rhinoceros - Eugene Ionesco
    15. Baron in the Trees - Italo Calvino
    16. The Master of Go - Yasunari Kawabata
    17. Woman in the Dunes - Abe Kobo
    18. Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger
    19. The Feast of the Goat - Mario Vargas Llosa
    20. Middlemarch - George Eliot
    21. Gogol's Wife - Tomasso Landolfi
    22. The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald *
    23. Magic Mountain - Thomas Mann
    24. War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy*
    25. Ferdydurke - Gombrowicz
    26. Narcissus and Goldmund - Herman Hesse
    27. Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky *
    28. The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
    29. Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll *
    30. The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame *
    31. Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy *
    32. The Jungle - Upton Sinclair
    33. Tom Sawyer / Huck Finn - Mark Twain *
    34. Emma - Jane Austen*
    35. Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe *
    36. Delta Wedding - Eudora Welty
    37. The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini *
    38. Naomi - Junichiro Tanizaki
    39. Cosmicomics - Italo Calvino
    40. The Joke - Milan Kundera
    41. Animal Farm - George Orwell
    42. Labyrinths - Gorge Luis Borges
    43. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
    44. A Prayer for Owen Meaney - John Irving
    45. Under My Skin - Doris Lessing
    46. Anne of Green Gables - L. M. Montgomery *
    47. Far From The Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy *
    48. Don Quixote - Miguel Cervantes *
    49. Lord of the Flies - William Golding *
    50. Absalom Absalom - William Faulkner
    51. Beloved - Toni Morrison *
    52. The Flounder - Gunther Grass
    53. Dead Souls - Nikolai Gogol
    54. Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen *
    55. My Name is Red - Orhan Pamuk
    56. A Dolls House - Henrik Ibsen *
    57. A Tale Of Two Cities - Charles Dickens *
    58. Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
    59. The Idiot - Fyodor Dostoevesky + (very briefly)
    60. Love In The Time Of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
    61. Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
    62. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov *
    63. Leaves of Grass - Walt Whitman
    64. Death on the Installment Plan - Celine
    65. Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
    66. On The Road - Jack Kerouac
    67. Jude the Obscure - Thomas Hardy
    68. Pedro Paramo - Juan Rulfo
    69. Midnight’s Children - Salman Rushdie
    70. Moby Dick - Herman Melville
    71. Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens *
    72. Dracula - Bram Stoker *
    73. The Metamorphosis - Kafka *
    74. Epitaph of a Small Winner - Machado De Assis
    75. Ulysses - James Joyce
    76. The Inferno - Dante
    77. Swallows and Amazons - Arthur Ransome *
    78. Germinal - Emile Zola
    79. To the Light House - Virginia Woolf
    80. Disgrace - John Maxwell Coetzee
    81. A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens*
    82. Zorba the Greek - Nikos Kazantzakis
    83. The Color Purple - Alice Walker
    84. The Box Man - Abe Kobo
    85. Madame Bovary - Gustave Flaubert
    86. A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry
    87. The Stranger - Camus
    88. Acquainted with the Night - Heinrich Boll
    89. Don't Call It Night - Amos Oz
    90. The Faraway Tree Collection - Enid Blyton *
    91. Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
    92. The Little Prince - Antoine De Saint-Exupery
    93. Gravity's Rainbow - Thomas Pychon
    94. Memoirs of Hadrian - Marguerite Yourcenar
    95. A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole
    96. Things Fall Apart - Chinua Achebe
    97. The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
    98. Hamlet - William Shakespeare *
    99. Faust - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    100. Metamorphosis - Ovid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, girl, you've read 34! Can I be you when I grow up? Haha. ;) (And you read some of the ones I've never heard of!)

      Delete
    2. Well I er um Shucks! *beams at laptop* and aww I didn't realise that was so many! (Ooh which ones?!)

      Delete
  4. I think Lucy, Peter, and Susan can be a bit goody-goody and self-righteous in their different ways. Edmund is my favorite, he goes from quite bad to incredible sweet and humble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. I love Edmund <3 ; he's probably a close second. (Or maybe even tied. I don't know. But the more I re-read and the more I think about the movies and just the characters themselves -- GAHH I LOVE THEM ALL THEY'RE ALL AMAZING!!! I definitely haven't given Peter and Lucy enough credit.)

      Delete
  5. Susan is one my favourite Narnia characters. :D You explained her so well, I now feel even closer to her! Well done on reading so many books on the list; you appear to be an avid reader of classics. XD Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looove tag posts, so this should be splendoriferous. *rubs hands gleefully*

    This was an interesting tag - I've never heard the like of it before! I'm a little nervous to do it, though, 'cause I know I won't have too many, haha. :P (Jane Austen, specifically. I wasn't allowed to until I was older, and now that I'm old enough my Mum was like, "Oh, actually, you can wait to read them in 6 months time, because by then we will be studying that time period in history!" So I STILL haven't read them. *siiigh*)
    I HAVE read:
    To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
    Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
    Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
    The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame (at least, I think Mum read it to me when I was little... that counts, right?)
    Tom Sawyer / Huck Finn - Mark Twain (Well, I've read both of these ;))
    Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe (Dad read me this when I was younger)
    Anne of Green Gables - L. M. Montgomery
    A Tale Of Two Cities - Charles Dickens
    Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas
    Oliver Twist - Charles Dickens
    A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
    The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas

    Thanks for tagging me! I did read more than I realized, hehe. ;)
    Also, I'll get round to your other tag another day (it looks really good!) - as it's really late right now.

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, here I am for part 2!

      I always love hearing about what fictional characters people think they are most like. Fortunately, I am familiar with all of these!

      I like Molly, although I think I'm nothing like her. I'm the type of person that easily opens up to other people (I wear my heart on my sleeve) and other people open up to me. I think the best of people by nature, also, which can often leave me a bit blind to some things, and naive in other ways. And she's so sweet. I'm definitely not like that. ;)

      SUSAN! Yes, I'm definitely a Susan-defender also, especially because my older sisters never liked her that much. I always liked Lucy, of course, but over the past 5 years Susan has steadily grown stronger in my liking. And I DO relate to her a lot, especially the whole pride thing, and the mother-hen thing. ;) (And I thought Anna Popplewell was VERY GOOD. <3) I loved how you explained more of Susan's character (at least to your interpretation)! I feel like you hit the nail on the head. :D

      Anna and Elsa! Haha, well to be honest, I NEVER had anything in common with Elsa to begin with. I'm Anna all the way. XD Especially the extroverted awkwardness, haha.


      Fern! Well, I'm not really like her, but I do admire people who are so gentle and thoughtful towards animals. I do like animals. <3

      This was very interesting to read! I've got a document entitled "Blog Post Ideas" for when I ever get a blog, and one of them is fictional characters I relate to. Some of the ones I haven't mentioned that I really relate to are:
      Mia from La La Land. WOW! When I watched that movie, I couldn't get over how similar she was to me!! It kind of blew me away.
      Arthur Clennam from Little Dorrit. Hehe. I know. XD I'm re-reading Little Dorrit just now and yes, while there are some things about him that's NOT like me (his quietness, shyness etc) the way he thinks and responds is incredibly similar to me. He's always trying to be thoughtful and polite and never knows exactly the right way to go about it, and just, A LOT.
      Meg March from Little Women, but that's a DUH.
      Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Not heaps and heaps, but yes, a lot. Her strong will and bravery, and then anger are the ways I would react, I think, also.
      And Anne Shirley of course. Because what girl DOESN'T relate to Anne Shirley in some way?!

      ANYWAY. I'm getting carried away. So I shall end it with: 'great post!' ;)

      ~Miss Meg

      Delete
  7. I've read 20 out of the 100 as well! Not the same 20, but still! Also, it's really impressive how many classics you've read.

    I've always related to Lucy the most, not because I am a model believer (though I've never had trouble finding strength in my faith, it's just other things that seem to trip me up XD), but because #1. I am the youngest. #2. Lucy was envious of Susan's beauty, worldly knowledge, and ability to look at any situation and see it for what it truly is (for the most part). I've felt that on so many different levels (even with my older sister). I remember wanting to be most like Susan so badly (since then, I have embraced my Lucy-ness). I love how realistic C.S. Lewis makes his characters. It makes it very easy to analyze which character is most like who. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the tag, dear!! :D And YES!! Do Susan!!! Please!! I would LOVE to read it!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, as much as I would love to do the tag, I have only read five. *hides* Yeah, so the five I have read are Pride and Prejudice, To Kill a Mockingbird, Jane Eyre, Robinson Crusoe, and A Tale of Two Cities. I have started some other ones on this list, but have yet to finish them. Thanks again for the tag! ;D

      Delete
  9. Thanks for tagging me!!!! I'll have to do the other one you tagged me for too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you described your four fictional characters. I can relate a lot to what you said about Molly. Especially in regards to listening to people and yeah, keeping feelings of a "Romantic Nature" mostly to myself. Heehee. :P

    I love what you said about Susan! And you're so right, she was afraid. Aslan himself said as much to her in "Prince Caspian". (I hope you write that book soon because I really want to read it!!)

    Aww. That picture of Fern is so sweet. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for tagging me! That seriously made my day. :) I just finished the Four Fictional Characters tag and it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed reading your answers as well. And please, please write a continuation on Susan's story because your take on her has already made me think about her in an entirely different way.

    And lastly: "I've actually been feeling more and more of an urging to write it which I think is God"
    ^^You described this perfectly! I've been feeling a similar thing and your mention of it has inspired me to write more. So...triple thanks. xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, thanks for tagging me! I guess the last time I did one of the 100 books things, it must not have been the BBC version, cuz I'd read many of them... but this list, er... not so much. So just going to post this here...

    1. Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen *
    5. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee *
    10. Great Expectations - Charles Dickens *
    11. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott *
    20. Middlemarch - George Eliot + I'm halfway through it
    22. The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald *
    27. Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky *
    29. Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll *
    30. The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame *
    33. Tom Sawyer / Huck Finn - Mark Twain *
    35. Robinson Crusoe - Daniel Defoe *
    41. Animal Farm - George Orwell *
    57. A Tale Of Two Cities - Charles Dickens *
    62. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov *
    70. Moby Dick - Herman Melville *
    72. Dracula - Bram Stoker *
    81. A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens *
    92. The Little Prince - Antoine De Saint-Exupery *
    98. Hamlet - William Shakespeare *


    And I loved reading about the four fictional characters you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did it! That makes me so happy! :D :D And you definitely proved the BBC wrong! I loved the pictures you put (that gif from P&P '05 is so good!)! YOU HAVE READ Anna Karenina!?!?!? Oh my goodness, that is amazing. :O Mind blown.
    (Hey, I was the first person to comment, wasn't I? ROBIN HOOD!)

    YOU INCLUDED SUSAN! I loved the post with the snippts of your story about her! I have always loved Susan, and book 7 made ME SO SAD.
    Anna and Elsa, that made me smile, so are you like Elinor and Marianne then? ;)
    Fern! I love Fern!
    The only person I didn't know was Molly Gibson, but she sounds like a cool character!

    Awesome, Olivia! Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww! I loved the characters you chose that relate to you. They definitely relate to me too, lol. I've always loved Susan's character and have honestly liked her a bit more than Lucy as well. Perhaps because Lucy was more a child to me, while Susan was more near my age group when I learned of Narnia and I'm also the eldest child in my family. I do think that Susan gets a bad rap. I think a Susan story would be awesome!
    Also Anna and Elsa. :D I really love Anna because she's so happy and positive and loving. But I definitely relate more to Elsa, with that hiding away and dealing with all that internal insecurity and stuff. Great list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the tag! I haven't done that 100 books list before, so this will be new and interesting!

    I learn so much about my blogging acquaintances from the Four Fictional Characters tag -- yours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you so much for the tag!! I haven't done the 100 books tag before, but I'm gonna try it because it looks so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooooh!!! I'm so glad you included Susan!!! She gets a bad rap these days, but I find her so relatable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for tagging me! I have filled out the list right here at long last :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. First off......YOUR HEADER. IT'S AMAZING. *faints from how beautiful it is*

    *gets up and dusts myself off*

    Secondly (and maybe I should have mentioned this first, as Mr. Collins would say) I'm so sorry this comment is late! It's not even late, is it? It's more like....I'm not sure. What's the word for being so late I probably shouldn't even be here? :P

    Well....I've read nine of the books on that list. Guess I'm not as cultured as you. ;P But....*gasp*. OLIVIA. Dear girl, you haven't read Emma or Sense and Sensibility yet??? What is preventing you??
    You simply must read them. :)

    Thank you for tagging me! I'm going to skip this one because of #time and because...well, like I said, I've only read 9. :P

    Awwwwww. MOLLY. <3 I can definitely see how you're like her. She's such a sweet character and you're one of the sweetest people I know. :)

    WE BOTH USED SUSAN!! More proof of how alike we are.
    Everything you said about her....wow. AGREE 10000%. And you wrote it all so beautifully. What you said about Susan resenting Lucy because she felt she couldn't measure up.....and her fear of trusting Aslan.....*sniffles*. It all makes perfect sense. I hope you write that Susan story soon because I simply am dying to read it.
    (I agree. Anna Popplewell was perfect as Susan! Honestly, I love each of the Pevensie kids as they're portrayed in the movies. :))

    Awww. I love what you said about Anna and Elsa and I think it's fun you used them both. :)

    I think I've read "Charlotte's Web" at least once, but it was so long ago it hardly counts! That picture is adorable, though. <3 (And yay for loving animals! I can never fathom how people can be cruel to animals. I mean, I can get REALLY frustrated with one of my dogs....ahem....but I'd never actually hurt him!) (Yelling at him when he misbehaves doesn't count, does it?) (Oh dear...)
    I really enjoyed this post. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review