The Running Wild in Improbable Outfits Tag

more like the Taking No Crap in Imperial Regalia Tag, am I right

The lovely Chloe at Movies Meet Their Match tagged me for this, and I'm thrilled she did, because I really wanted to squeeze in one more post before Rachel's Tolkien Blog Party, but have had no time or energy to finalize anything else.  Admittedly, this did take me a while to finish, as well, because I wanted to select options that I genuinely might wear, might genuinely be able to "pull off," etc.  But it was fun, the perfect break from heavier duty posts. 😃  Thanks, Chloe!

This tag was originally created by Elizabeth at Autumn Ink, and the rules are simple:  select an outfit that you'd love to wear to each location given, tell us which fictional character you'd bring along with you, and link back to Elizabeth's blog.  Beyond that, you have creative freedom!  Tag people if you so choose, change the locations, whatever strikes your fancy.  I personally opted to use only movie/TV outfits instead of drawing from real-life inspiration, but you're free to use whatever you want. 😊

To be honest, I never really want to "meet" fictional characters because I never really want fictional stories to "come to life," so that portion of the tag was tricky for me, but I did my best. 😅


● At the Beach 
 
Miriam Maisel, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (S2)

Just a standard two-piece bathing suit, maybe with a bit of a retro/classic feel.  Something like this, except high-waisted.  (I would opt for some of the extras' suits in the above scene, but all the rest of them appear to be one-pieces, and I hate wearing one-pieces.)

I would take Beatrice & Benedick & Co. from Much Ado About Nothing with me, because we'd be sure to have a riotous old time.

● Car Wash 

Jacinda Vidrio, Once Upon a Time (S7)

Something fun and funky like this, but with a different undershirt.  (Or, with a few adjustments to the fit of the overalls, no undershirt.  Clutch your pearls.)

I'd take Gu Shegnan from This Is Not What I Expected with me, because she's adorable and seems like she'd be fun to hang out with on a casual day of errands and shopping.

● University of Glasgow 

Marguerite Bonnier, The Hundred-Foot Journey (2014)

Depends on the day, but I'm sure I'd wear something simple and cozy and cute like this at some point.

I might take Neil Perry from Dead Poets Society with me.  He's a good boy and seems like he'd be a good study buddy, too.  And, if we could get away to Glasgow for a bit, maybe we could brainstorm practical solutions to his home/family situation so that Certain Tragic Events don't transpire later on. 

● Abandoned Castle  

Arwen, The Lord of the Rings:  The Return of the King (2003)

SO many good options for this prompt, but Arwen's requiem gown is the one I'm feeling at the moment.  But I'm also feeling like taking Lily Houghton from Jungle Cruise with me, and if I did that I'd probably have to wear something more sensible so we could do some serious exploration.  On the other hand, I don't get the feeling that she would mind getting dressed up for fun herself, so maybe we could have the best of both worlds.  Maybe we'd bring costume changes. 😉

 ● A Fictional Place of Your Choosing 

Juliet Capulet, Romeo and Juliet (2013)

If I could visit any fictional location right now, I would probably pick Archenland, Narnia's sister country.  Those are the two fictional locations that feel the most like home to me, and I can't tell you how much I would love to explore their wooded slopes and mountain passes and flowered meadows.  For a gown, I'd want something light and flowy and medieval-esque — exactly like the one above, except with the cream color from the skirt carrying through the bodice instead of switching to gold.

For my fictional companions, I'd choose Aravis and the Pevensie sisters, of course. ♥

● Picnic  

Marguerite Bonnier, The Hundred-Foot Journey (2014)

This cute little number seems perfect for a picnic.  I'd probably take Winnie Foster from Tuck Everlasting, Molly Gibson from Wives and Daughters, and Lucy Honeychurch from A Room with a View with me, because they seem like they'd get along and they'd be up for exploring any surrounding meadows and forests and such-like.

● Summer Roadtrip 

Donna Sheridan, Mamma Mia!  Here We Go Again (2018)

Donna's orange skirt ensemble would be perfect for a late summer/early fall trip, as long as the location wasn't too hot.  However, where I am, it would be too hot to wear during the heart of summer. 😉  So, for your average June/July/August trip, I'd wear a sleeveless mini dress, like one of these:

Lucy Harmon, Stealing Beauty (1996)

Sophie Hall, Letters to Juliet (2010)

I also might take Sophie along, as she seems like she'd be a fun, kind roadtrip companion.  Plus, I could borrow from her wardrobe. 😉

● In the Woods 

Gretel, Hansel and Gretel:  Witch Hunters (2013)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to wear something gorgeous and ethereal For The Vibes™, and I certainly would if I was going in for a photoshoot.  But, for essentially any other purpose, I'd have to wear something fitted and long-sleeved For The Ticks™.  So.  Here we are.

I'd take Gal, Izzy, and Sid from Galavant with me, because can you imagine how hilariously, outrageously fun that would be?

● Dancing in the Rain 

Liesl von Trapp, The Sound of Music (1965)

Along with every other homeschooled child of the 2000's, I'll choose Liesl's gazebo dress.  It's got the delicacy, it's got the swirl, it's got the opacity, it'll get the job done. 

I'll take Marianne Dashwood from Sense and Sensibility (the 2008 version) with me.  She'd Embrace™ it and we'd probably laugh a lot.

● Paris 

Cecilia Tallis, Atonement (2007)

This blouse — except with a slightly deeper pigment to the color because I couldn't pull off that exact shade — and probably trousers instead of a skirt.   

I would definitely go with Sabrina Fairchild from the 1995 movie.  She's so sweet and I'd feel very safe with her. 😊  And she would know how to navigate the city and could translate my extremely limited French to the locals.

● In a Cottage with a Garden 
 
Lucy Harmon, Stealing Beauty (1996)

(*chants to self*  I will not watch a sexually explicit and exploitative film simply for its breathtaking aesthetic.  I will not watch a sexually explicit and exploitative film simply for its breathtaking aesthetic.  I will not watch — )

I'd take the whole crew from Broken Trail with me, because they deserve all the cottages with gardens in the world.

● Circus or Masquerade 

Juliet Capulet, Romeo and Juliet (2013)

Something like this ↑, but without the dragon horns on the mask, or something like this ↓.

Ravenna, The Huntsman:  Winter's War (2016)

(Also, can we take a moment of silence out of reverence for the absolute banquets that both of these movies serve up in the costume department?!?  Sensational.)

Obviously, I'd take Danielle de Barbarac, Jacqueline de Ghent, and their pal Leonardo da Vinci (from Ever After) with me.  Because I, too, wish to just breathe, to only be here for the food, and to go down throughout history as the man who opened a door.

● On the Moor 

Isabel Sherbourne, The Light Between Oceans (2016)

Something serviceable and sturdy but old-fashioned, like this combo that Isabel wears pretty often.  (For one thing, that chunky sweater looks Heckin' Cozy™.)  I would probably opt for the trouser option below instead of the skirt above — for ease of movement, and all that. 😉


For my companions . . . hmm.  Maybe Gabriel Oak (Far from the Madding Crowd), Beth March (Little Women), Jane Eyre, and the Fellowship (The Lord of the Rings)?  Odd collection, I know, but I'm vibing with it.  We'd spread out and have a delightful afternoon exploring every inch of that moor.


I tag Ivy Miranda at Revealed in Time and anyone else who wants to play!  For your copying ease, here are the location prompts again (visit Elizabeth's original post for a couple fun alternatives/bonuses!):

- At the Beach
- Car Wash
- University of Glasgow
- Abandoned Castle
- A Fictional Place of Your Choosing
- Picnic
- Summer Roadtrip
- In the Woods
- Dancing in the Rain
- Paris
- In a Cottage with a Garden
- Circus or Masquerade
- On the Moor

Well, that was fun!
How would you answer these prompts?

Comments

  1. "along with every other homeschooled child in the 2000s" I am WEEPING

    These are lovely choices! My favorite is the Light Between Oceans outfit. That sweater does indeed look Heckin' Cozy ;)

    I've considered doing this tag myself, but I am up to my eyeballs in an analysis of morally gray characters which I SIMPLY MUST FINISH before it eats me alive. Also, I'm not totally sure if I could come up with enough outfits to suit the requirements, since I'm not a hugely visual person. But still, it looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean am I right or am I right? xD

      Thank you! It does, it does, indeed. ;)

      Ahh, yes, your morally gray post! I do intend to comment on that eventually, I promise. And I definitely understand -- I wasn't 100% sure if the tag would work for me, either, but I did have fun with it!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous choices! That Arwen dress has always been a dream one for me. And Galavant, I love that show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I KNOW, Arwen's whole wardrobe is a dream, honestly. Ahhhh, I love Galavant so much! So good to meet a fellow fan. ;) It's so underrated!

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh, these are all so you! And you would be Very Cute in these outfits.

    And I feel you on that struggle between "this movie looks amazing" and "I should not watch this movie." Always, always hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. *blushes* Thank you!

      So hard, sometimes!! Why must filmmakers do this to us? *sigh*

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review