The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George {review}

*sigh*  I wanted to finish this book, people.  I really did.  However, it was unfortunately, um...not exactly written from a Christian perspective.  Now, I'm NOT saying that I only read "Christian books," because that is certainly not the case.  However, this one was starting to get inappropriate, and I wasn't really comfortable with continuing to read it.

More's the pity, because it was very well-written.  The prose was savory and cosy, and the story was even described as "a love letter to books".  I mean, what could be better?  A love letter to books, people!  But something about it just wasn't sitting well with me.  I was a little confused, as well, with the part of the storyline that was delving into sensuality.  It didn't exactly make much sense.  (Then again, it probably would have been explained had I finished the book.)  

So, yep!  That was my experience with this book.  It was extremely well-crafted, but I didn't feel comfortable finishing it:-/

[I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.]

Comments

  1. Huh, that's too bad you didn't like it enough to finish it. But I TOTALLY understand the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, technically, I LIKED it enough to finish it, I just…didn't feel comfortable so doing:-/ But yeah, it's a shame.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review