Inkling Explorations {May}

Soooo, I am arriving so late to the game here, but Heidi has introduced a fun new link-up for story lovers at her author blog, Sharing the Journey!


You can read the details here, but basically, for this month, we're supposed to share something related to violets from literature/film.  Well, I had a couple ideas for this, but I'm going to go with something from…a TV show!  I hope that's allowed?  It's a "vintage" (sort of) TV show, if that helps XD  Here goes!


Yep, Andy Griffith!  Does anyone remember the part in "Andy and Opie, Bachelors" when Peggy is singing with Andy on the porch, and Opie's listening?  Peggy starts to sing, "Down in the Valley," which, in case you didn't know, is an achingly beautiful ballad.  (Oh, and at one point during the song--it might actually be this verse's chorus--Andy joins in with her, singing an absolutely meltingly awesome harmony, and I DIE.  Not really, but it's pretty darn good and happy and just warmly fuzzy.)  I was reminded by this month's subject of this verse:

Roses love sunshine,
Violets love dew,
Angels in heaven
Know I love you.

Know I love you, dear,
Know I love you,
Angels in heaven
Know I love you.

So, there you have it!  A rather pitiful first entry, but, you know, it works (I think).  

As a side note, I'm always disappointed with Andy's final choice of a wife.  No offense to Helen, but, um…she's literally the one with whom I least liked him.  I love Ellie, too, but I think Peggy would have been the best for Andy.  Ah, well.  





Comments

  1. Peggy is so adorable! I loved her, although I thought Helen was a nice fit for Andy too.
    And I love that song! So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, isn't she?! She's so sweet:)

      It certainly is a beautiful song:D

      Delete
  2. I liked Ellie best :-) One of my favorite shows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie is definitely my second favorite, and sometimes she ties with Peggy for me:) Mine, too! 'T'is such old-timey awesomeness:D

      Delete
  3. I miss the Andy Griffith Show. We had all of them recorded on VHS and every Saturday morning we would re-watch one two.

    This is a cool idea! I loved your entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! It's such a great show. And that's an awesome tradition!!!

      Thanks:D

      Delete
  4. Olivia -- oh yes, you're just fine! ;) I'd say it fits into a selection from both film and poetry categories? ;)

    I actually haven't seen this ep of Andy Griffith, but I do love Ellie tremendously. I'm going to have to look that ballad up sometime, though.... Just off the lyrics it sounds achingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi!:D

      Yes, Ellie is amazing, too. And the SONG! Oh my goodness, yes, you must look it up. It's in the book "Christy," too, and in there it's described as a haunting melody; it's one that sticks with the main character, and it really does with anyone who listens to it, I imagine:)

      Delete
  5. Olivia,
    There is nothing, absolutely nothing like a good old Andy Griffith episode! I have yet to see any episodes with Peggy, in fact I had not even known of her existence until this post, but she does look so sweet. :) Personally, I really like Ellie -- though thinking more about it I'm not quite sure if she and Andy would have been a perfect fit -- but I do like them together 100% better than Andy and Helen! (That sounded dreadful, but its true. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Éowyn! Andy is the best:) I hope you get to watch some Peggy episodes! She's a sweetheart. Yeah, Ellie is great…and so much better for Andy than Helen!

      Delete
  6. I love Andy Griffith! What a fun violet find. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't, right?! :D Thanks for visiting and commenting, Jillian!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review