Sunshine Blogger Award

Hello again, and happy September!

My good friend Rachel has kindly nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, and what better way to (theoretically) get back into the groove of blogging than with a nice, laidback Q&A?  Thank you, Rachel!


Rules
  • List the award’s official rules
  • Display the award’s official logo somewhere on your blog
  • Thank the person who nominated you  
  • Provide a link to your nominator’s blog
  • Answer your nominator’s questions
  • Nominate up to 11 bloggers
  • Ask your nominees 11 questions
  • Notify your nominees by commenting on at least one of their blog posts

Rachel's Questions

1. What was your favorite movie when you were 10 years old?

Spirit:  Stallion of the Cimarron, because I had Taste™.


2. What's your favorite movie now?

My Fair Lady, because — I flatter myself — I still have Taste™. 😉

Joking aside, though, it's actually interesting:  I enjoy several of my other top favorite films more.  I turn to The Parent Trap (1998) and You've Got Mail and such others far more often than I turn to My Fair Lady.  But whenever I do watch MFL, I spend the entire three hours shaking my head and going, "Man, this is a really good movie."  It's one of those that I think is about as close to perfect — meaning, close to perfectly executed within the parameters of its given genre — as a movie can be. 


But that is a whole other spiel and we must move on.  This is only the second question. 😄 

3. What would be your dream cast for an adaptation of your favorite book?

Wellllllllll, here's the thing.

My favorite book (atm) is The Princess BrideThe Princess Bride, as everyone knows, already has a rather successful film adaptation.  And even though that adaptation doesn't capture what makes me love the book so much (like, at all), I still think it's about as perfect an adaptation as it would be possible to get.  You know?  Especially when it comes to the cast.  Some of those roles would be virtually impossible to replicate with anything like so much success.

(Although if I were to try to formulate a dream cast for a new adaptation, I think I'd start with Florence Pugh for Buttercup.  I'm liking that idea.  *nods*  Now we just need to find her the perfect Westley . . . )


The second issue that prevents me from answering this question is that it takes a long time for me to come up with dream casts, usually.  So, even if I were to try to cast one of my other favorite books, it would still take a while.  

But never fear!  This question has sparked lots of fun ideas in my head, and who knows?  Maybe you'll be seeing some more fully realized dream casts from me in the not too distant future. 😉

4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?

That would be Abel Korzeniowski's stunning score for the 2013 adaptation of Romeo and Juliet.  

There are no skips on this album, you guys.  Every single track is worth listening to.

Feast your ears:






I MEAN TO SAY.

I've actually been thinking about my favorite soundtracks a lot recently.  What do you think, should I do a post about them?  Let me know.

5. Do you have a favorite movie-watching snack?

Not really.  Usually something that doesn't require a ton of hand-eye coordination, for obvious reasons. 😂


6. Who is your favorite person to watch movies with?

Well, I most often watch with my parents, which I truly do enjoy.  But I really love it whenever I get to watch something with any of the friends that I met through blogging. 💛

me @ all y'all

7. Is there a hairstyle in a movie that you've always wished you could pull off?

I unironically adore almost everything that Natalie Portman wears as Padme Amidala in the Star Wars prequels, and some of those imperial headdresses are stunning.  I know that I couldn't pull them off, but I sure love studying them. 😂


8. What movie animal would you like as a pet?

Tbh I don't think I'd be that picky; I don't actually want a pet but I sure do want to hang out with just about any animal. 😃


9. What movie house would you like to stay in on vacation?

As I explained in my last post, the movie houses I would most like to live in are probably Henry Higgins's or Elizabeth James's.  (Side note:  I hate apostrophizing names that end in 's'. 😂)

But for a vacation home, I might choose Parker Knoll, another runner-up.  That house is gorgeous, and the surrounding area is gorgeous.  I bet there'd be lots to do on a vacation there. 


10. What's the oldest movie you've watched?

If we're counting the very earliest "movies" ever made, like Melies's "A Trip to the Moon," then one of those.

If we mean "movies" as they are now, then probably Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (released Feb. 4, 1938).


11. What's the newest movie you've watched?

News of the World, so far (released Dec. 25, 2020).


Thanks for the fun questions, Rachel!   Now on to the nomination part.

I think many of the active blogs that I'm currently following have already been tagged for this round of the award, but I'll ask the questions and nominate at least a few people (just not eleven). 😉

My Questions

1.  Summer or winter?
2.  Spring or autumn?
3.  Desert or tundra?
4.  City or country?
5.  Neutrals or pastels?
6.  Solids or patterns?  
7.  Film or television?
8.  Fiction or non-fiction? 
9.  Action or musical?
10.  Romance or fantasy?
11.  Blog or Instagram?

My Nominees


Comments

  1. 100% yes on My Fair Lady. It's one of my favorites too. Which is also why it's one of my favorite movie soundtracks. Although it has tough competition from You've Got Mail and The Greatest Showman. Loved reading your answers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Fair Lady fans unite!! And I LOVE the soundtrack for You've Got Mail. Every song is so perfectly utilized.

      Delete
  2. My Fair Lady! What a good one!

    Hm. I think I would approve of Florence Pugh as Buttercup. I think I would approve very much.

    The Padme hairdos in Star Wars are astounding! I definitely couldn't pull one off, either, but they're fun to look at, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!

      Glad you're onboard. ;)

      Exactly! Her whole wardrobe is fascinating.

      Delete
  3. You do, indeed, have excellent Taste (TM), mdear.

    Florence Pugh is a goddess and I support casting her in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING, so YES.

    Hamlette tagged me with her version of the tag, so I'm definitely gonna do it--and I might throw in your questions while I'm at it, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thank you. ;-P

      YES, SISTER. She's fantastic.

      Delete
  4. I love watching movies with my sisters, we talk all the way through them! Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching movies with family is really the best sometimes! And of course, no problem. :)

      Delete
  5. Spirit was and is the best! I was always obsessed with that Padme look too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see you blogging again!! <3 This was such a fun one to read.

    Ok, I need to rewatch My Fair Lady. It's been far too long. The last time I watched it was in the movie theater with my mom and it was absolutely fantastic! *starryeyes*

    Pizza always requires a movie. <3

    I'm not a huge fan of The Princess Bride movie (never read the book) but I would not be opposed to watch a remake if Florence Pugh starred as Buttercup. You're definitely on to something with that casting. :D

    Have a wonderful day! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much!! <33 I know I'm still very sporadic in my posting, but it means a lot that people still want to read what I do put out. :) <3

      Oh my goodness, I'm envious, haha! I need to find a big-screen showing of My Fair Lady, lol.

      Haha, right? I think she'd draw a lot of viewers, as well as being great for the part. :D

      Thank you!! You too!! Hope you're doing well. <3

      Delete
  7. Haha this made me smile and giggle so much! You do indeed have excellent taste! Also Spirit was Kieran's favourite movie too growing up; so he was quite pleased when I showed him this. :D I must watch it and get him to see My Fair Lady... and Sound of Music. There is much work to be done! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! Ah, The Sound of Music, another great one. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review