The Chronicles of Narnia: Aesthetics

The Magician's Nephew
- gloomy summer
- surrealism
- gold & metals
- rings & waistcoats
- vibrant green
- industry
- new worlds
- sickness & hope

The Bark, Wood, Wedding Ring, Gold, Forest, Nature
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- winter of winters
- dark-paneled wood
- creaking floors
- snow & ice
- red scarves
- faerie food
- redemption
- castles by the sea

Christmas Market, Tree, Evening, Winter, Lighting

The Horse and His Boy
- summer
- ocean spray
- desert dunes
- escape & freedom
- wind & mane
- tangerines
- fountains
- marble courtyards

Desert, Morocco, Dunes, Sand, Landscape, Sand Dune
Prince Caspian
- heart of spring
- restlessness
- thunderstorms & cherry blossoms
- siblings
- animal alliance
- returning
- politics
- rampant joy

Castle, Castle Gate, Goal, Cyrillic, Under The Castle
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
- summer
- ship decks & ocean waves
- red & purple & gold
- dragons
- tidepools
- cousins
- invisible horizons
- stars & lilies

Sail, Bowsprit, Ship, Boat, Sea, Sailing, Nautical

The Silver Chair
- wet autumn
- olive green & soft auburn
- soaked shoes & foggy marshes
- snakes
- rock formations
- cloaks & tents & stew
- secret sin
- subterranean light

Cave, Cavern, Stalactites, Stalagmites, Geology

The Last Battle
- dark spring
- unicorns
- fiery sunsets & bloody sunrises
- sword & armor
- steel & starlight
- grief
- once & always
- new beginnings

Milky Way, Starry Sky, Star, Galaxies, Night Sky


Comments

  1. Ah, Narnia, I started rereading in December, but I'm stuck fast in The Silver Chair with the also not loved and much depressing Last Battle Next.

    The Dawn Treader will always make my heart sing. I've wobbled back and forth between with a few for top favorites, but this is definitely the favorite. Joy and peace and light is what it feels like to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it. I have to be in a very particular mood to read The Last Battle.

      YES. <3 <3

      Delete
  2. the gloriousnesssssssssssssssssss

    This post brought back so many beautiful memories. Thank you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow okay that was beautiful and brought back sooo many memories. <3
    The Silver Chair has always been my favorite one, and "wet autumn" and "olive green & soft auburn" especially capture that feel so well and just...I think I need to reread it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank you so much! Yes, you should absolutely reread it. ;)

      Delete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!!!! <3<3<3. I love how you picked photos that weren't from the movies but they go perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! Yeah it took me a while but I like it too. :-P

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous! <3 This series is the best and you picked the perfect aesthetics for each of the books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such aestheticness!! (Is that a word? *shrugs*) I haven't even read all of the Narnia books yet, but this is such a cool post... It's such a neat way in which to get an overview of what each book will be like! (And it makes me want to get to reading the rest of them even more. ;) )

    Hope you've been doing well, Olivia! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it works for me. ;D Thank you! I really hope you enjoy it if you finish the series. ;)

      Thanks! I've been pretty well. <3 Hope you have, too!

      Delete
  7. I love this!! Perfect timing--my family and I just did a Narnia movie marathon yesterday. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, now's a perfect time to do a Narnia marathon! Which is your favorite movie?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review