Sunshine Blogger Award
My dear friend Miss March recently nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! *huzzahs and confetti* Do go and check out her blog, peeps -- she's awesome and she writes awesome posts. Thank you for the award, Miss March!
1. What was the last book you read? The last book I read was a short story called A Flame Shall Spring from the Embers, written by none other than our very own Heidi Pekarek!!! *confetti* It was awesome :)
2. On a typical evening at home, what are you most often found doing -- reading a book, watching a movie, playing games with your siblings, twiddling your thumbs...what? Watching something with my parents. Lately we've been watching a lot of Leverage or Andy Griffith or Inspiring Dramas.
(I seriously don't know.)
4. Do you prefer bike riding or walking? Walking, I guess. I haven't done a whole lot of bike riding, which may be the thing . . . I do like it when I do it, though.
5. If you had to create your own family made up of characters from literature (or film) who would you choose to have as your father? As your mother? Choose a brother and a sister, too, just for the fun of it. :) Yikes, good question. Atticus Finch as a father, perhaps . . . maybe Mrs. March as a mother . . . aaaaaannddd . . . let's say Wendy Darling as a sister :) Oh, OH, and I saw Miss Meg's answer to this question, in which she said that she'd choose Edmund Pevensie as a brother, and I was like YAAAAAASSS.
7. What's your favorite color? I'm pretty sure my favorite colors are blue, pink, purple, and green.
8. Would you rather wash dishes or iron clothes? Wash dishes :)
9. What is your opinion on zoos? Interesting or boring? Y'know, I've been to zoos before, but to be honest I don't really remember it so I don't know that I could say :-/ I really like aquariums, though.
10. Growing up, did you have a favorite doll? What was her name? I'm not sure that I could say I had a favorite doll . . . but I spent a LOT of time with my American Girl squad. Josefina, Julie, a Bitty Baby named Jasmine, and Bitty Twins named Johnny and Rebecca :) (Full disclosure: I still sometimes want to get them out and play with them.)
1.) Is there a particular fictional genre to which you keep returning? (i.e. period drama, action, fantasy, etc.)
2.) What type of toothpaste do you use? ('Cause I'm weird like that.)
3.) In general -- can be for yourself or for others or for both -- do you prefer straight, curly, or wavy hair?
4.) Do you like musicals?
5.) What is your third favorite season?
6.) Jewelry -- yea or nay?
7.) Have you seen any of the live-action remakes of the classic Disney movies (Maleficent, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, The Jungle Book, etc.)? If so, what are your thoughts on them?
8.) Are you adept at cookery?
9.) Is there anybody you really wish would start a blog?
10.) Do you know what your Myers-Briggs personality is? If so, do share.
I nominate . . .
Jessica Prescott (in the comments)
Rosie McCann (in the comments)
Rilla Blythe (in the comments)
Have fun, fam! I shall close with a picture that has been cracking me up for a few days now: