Liebster Award

Two tag/award posts in a row?!  I know, I know.  But, you see, Hamlette the Dame has honored me with the Liebster Award, and, true to her norm, she's given it a cool twist.  Her "questions" are which movies we would choose as the winners if we got to judge the Academy Awards this year.  Isn't that fun?!


Now, this means that we can only use movies released in 2017 for our answers, and I've seen a total of five 2017 movies so far (hopefully I haven't forgotten any), so there will be multiple awards given to each, heh.  Also, I'm an indecisive little person, so most of my answers are, "Wellllll . . . either [blank] OR [blank]." :-P

(I'm also required to list 11 random facts about myself, so that should be interesting. *wiggles eyebrows*)

~ The Rules ~
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify those blogs of their nomination
- Give them 11 questions to answer (all part of the fun!)

~ The Questions & My Answers ~

1. Best Picture

*chews nails*  Um . . . I don't know!  My personal favorite was probably This Beautiful Fantastic.  But I thought Beauty and the Beast was really outstanding, too.  (AND I MEAN ALMOST ALL OF THEM.)

2. Lead Actor

Either Kenneth Branagh (for Murder on the Orient Express) or Hugh Jackman (for The Greatest Showman).


3. Lead Actress

Daisy Ridley in The Last Jedi.

4. Supporting Actress

Hmm . . . Michelle Williams (Showman), Zendaya (Showman), Laura Dern (Jedi) . . . OH!  Anna Chancellor in This Beautiful Fantastic.  I FREAKING LOVED HER.

(Okay, so maybe we don't see enough of her to really merit an actual Oscar.  Whatever.)

5. Supporting Actor

So I was going to say that I was really impressed with Josh Gad's acting in Orient Express, and with Zac Efron in Showman, BUT THEN I REMEMBERED MARK HAMILL IN JEDI.



6. Director

Okay, so I know exactly nothing about directing and I hardly ever pay any attention to which directors are which, so for the purpose of the question, I'll treat it as: which movie, overall, showed great cohesion and commitment and excellence in its individual parts (assuming that this is the result of a head honcho who knows what he/she is doing).  So I guess I'll go with Simon Aboud for This Beautiful Fantastic.

7. Costume Design

Jacqueline Durran for Beauty and the Beast, probably?  Or Murder on the Orient Express, or The Greatest Showman . . .


8. Screenplay

I'mma go with Beauty and the Beast, because I think the way they managed to stay true to the original while still adding in a few new elements was On Point.  (I mean, I'm not talking about The Controversial Issue, but just on the whole.)

9. Original Song

The Greatest Showman for "From Now On".

10. Original Score

Anne Nikitin for This Beautiful Fantastic.



11. Visual Effects

Probably The Last Jedi.

~ 11 Random Facts about Moi ~

1.  I'm a fanatical animal lover and I get all kinds of upset when they get killed.  Was reminded that I may not have shared this yet by the book I read recently (which was Behold the Dawn, by the way, and it was really good). :-P

2.  As a result of this, I may or may not have spent around $20 on one of those "humane spider catcher" things.

3.  I've recently discovered that happy Disney songs and Taylor Swift both make for excellent study music.


4.  I used to think I liked winter more than summer, but have now realized that this is not the case.

5.  I'm learning to play "A Little Fall of Rain" from Les Mis on the piano, and I love it so much.  It doesn't really make me sad, even though it's a sad part -- it's just so beautiful and relaxing.

6.  I love (and eat) chips more than is healthy, though I like to think I've gotten a little bit better about controlling myself.

7.  Domino's pizza is my favorite pizza ever and I highly doubt that any other kind will ever trump it.


8.  I recently bought new earbuds because my headphones stopped working.

9.  I've had my laptop since the summer and I love it muchly. <3

10.  Unless I'm also wearing shoes, it's rare for me to keep socks on.  My feet get hot easily, I suppose. :-P

11.  I have a bunk bed in my room (even though it's just me) and I sleep up top.


~ My Nominees ~

Okay, can I break the rules again?  I'M SORRY I KNOW I DO THIS A LOT.  But I will officially tag anyone who has changed their blog header within the past two months (or thereabouts)


That's all for now, folks! *waves*


Comments

  1. I agree with all of your nominations! (EVEN THOUGH I HAVE STILL TO SEE THE GREATEST SHOWMAN. GAH) And I'm the same with socks. Plus the fact that I'm so clumsy that it's dangerous for me to have socks because I might slip :P

    ~Ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT, CECI. It was very good. :)

      Hahaha, SAAAAAME, girl. (Although, since posting this, I've noticed that I've been keeping socks on longer recently??)

      Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. Ahem. Yes. I've not been loving winter so very much myself this year. I mean, I like it, but when one has to go out in the cold weather and drive on icy roads and all that...well, I confess I've been longing for warmer weather for quite some time now. :)

    CHIPS! I LOVE CHIPS!! And yes, I can eat unhealthy amounts of them too when I get the chance. They're just so good. What's your favorite kind of chip? I really love Sour Cream and Onion, but Potato and Bar-B-Q are good, too. (Okay. That was kind of random.)

    Ohhhh! IT'S MARK!!! *grins* He goes along with the Domino's pizza bit right? I mean, I was trying to make some sort of connection (because I'm weird that way) and I figured he must have the pizza in his bag, keeping it safe for you. Yes, and guarding it with his very life!! Haha! :) (Sorry, I'm a bit goofy tonight. But then, what else is new?)

    I sleep on a bunk bed, too! Only difference is I sleep on the bottom and I'm not exactly in a room by myself. There's five of us girls in one room. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed so, old sport. My relationship with winter is constantly evolving, we could say.

      YAY, I'M NOT ALONE! Ooh, my favorite . . . I love tortilla/corn chips, pita chips, plain potato chips, and also Sour Cream and Onion. :)

      Yes. Definitely. That was exactly what was going through my mind when I decided to put that picture there. (Heehee, but seriously, I don't mind the goofiness! ;D)

      Whew! Five girls in one room?! Wow. That's -- that's somethin'.

      Delete
  3. XD I used to sleep on a top bunk with just me in the room too. All the stuffed animals slept on the bottom... 120 stuffed animals yo. *facepalm*

    YES! Luke was awesome. Great post! :D I enjoyed reading it, although I haven't seen half of those movies. (And that gif of the guy with the hat... you just gave me a novel idea. STOP IT! I HAVE TOO MANY ALREADY!)

    D.G. Snapper | silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That's fantastic! Alas, I don't keep 120 stuffed animals on the bottom, but I say more power to you, girl. ;)

      He was!! Aww, thanks! Ahh, you should watch more of them. ;) (*grins* *bows* Anytime. ;D)

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. I can clearly see that you have no favorite films this Oscar season. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. *squeals*

    SO MANY COOL MOVIES!!! I haven't seen This Beautiful Fantastic, however, but EVERYTHING ELSE.

    Did you know Kenneth Branagh directed Murder on the Orient Express as well as playing the role of Poirot? (I quite literally squealed in the cinema when I saw it.) And he directed Cinderella 2015 also!!

    Is From Now On your favourite song from The Greatest Showman? :) (I have no idea what my favourite is. I love them ALLLLL.)

    You spent over $20 on a humane spider catcher? *scratches head* I'm not even sure how that works. But cool. :D (I personally don't have a problem with Getting Rid of them, myself.)

    DOMINO'S PIZZA IS THE BEEEST.
    (Also, what's that picture from that's beneath that part about the Domino's pizza??)

    Ohhh, you have a room all to yourself?!! What luxury! :D Is it pristine and spotless, haha? (Sometimes I wonder if mine would be if I didn't share it with the messiest person in the house. I think it would be close to pristine. :P)

    Very interesting post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU MUST SEE THIS BEAUTIFUL FANTASTIC. I feel like you'd like it?! I mean, I'm not always great at judging what people would/wouldn't like, but . . .

      I did! #talent He also narrated an audio version of The Magician's Nephew that I LOVE. :)

      I thiiiiiiink so. I can't be sure. But I think so. :D (Like you said, they're all amazing.)

      Hahaha, I'm such a dork. But yes. I did. You know how it is, "this is me," and all that. ;)

      YES AMEN. (It's from a movie called The Moon-Spinners, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the answer above it, just for the record. ;))

      I do! It really is a blessing. I love it. <3 (I've actually thought about doing a "room tour" vlog sometime soon.) HAHA -- that is to say, ahem, no, it is NOT pristine and spotless. It's not an absolute tornado wreck, but it's far from pristine, most of the time, I regret to say. :-P (Well, with the exception of my book/DVD case. That's usually pretty neat, hehe.)

      Thanks, m'dear! :D

      Delete
  6. This was so fun! I also really enjoyed your eleven facts list because pretty much all of them were things I didn't know/wouldn't have guessed. Sometimes I think I know my friends really well and then I'm like WAIT I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WHO ARE YOU. ;P

    PS. I approve muchly of the Moonspinners picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, I have only seen BatB, MotOE, and TLJ. I so want to see the others though!!

    How cool that you are learning to play that LM song on the piano!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review