Seasons

Spring bursts forth in glowing verdure,
The embodiment of a soul both playful and calm.
Grass and flower and tree uninjured
Weave with the wind a youthful tale of yore.






Summer pioneers its wild and steadfast freedom;
The sun is king and holds full sway.
The joy of many, the burden of some--
These are months 
wherein totality  comes.




Fall arrives, in stately anticipation. 
Color erupts, a fire of gold and red.
The air hurries you gladly to a joyful occasion,
To celebrate this cozy, friendly season.




Winter comes next, the oldest of seasons.
And though many bemoan its venerable snows,
There is eloquence in a hushed word unspoken,
And there is grace in a soul by pain unbroken.






Seasons pass, billowed and furled--
Joys come, sorrows go--
And though wars rage, and mountains into seas be hurled,
Still "God's in His Heaven; all's right with the world."



Comments

  1. Olivia! This is gorgeous. Such eloquent words. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem! And the pictures go so well with the theme. I've always dabbled in poetry, but nothing like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laura! Ooh, you should post some of your poetry some time. Do it;)

      Delete
  3. This was very pretty, Olivia! You have such a talent for poetry! I especially like the last stanza-and your use of the Anne quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! I appreciate that so much:) Heehee, yeah, I suddenly thought of it and was like, "That's perfect!" :D

      Delete
    2. Heehee, yes it was perfect! ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm always late to the party, hehe. :-P I just had to add my two bits and say I loved it! I truly wondered at first if you were quoting it. :-) I'm glad you are posting your poems! And also, that last line fit so wonderfully, I loved how you used the Anne Shirley quote. *dreamy sigh* Oh, and those pictures are so beautiful!
    ~Miss Meg March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's fine! I love your comments anyway;)
      Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. You're all so sweet:D Yeah, the Anne quote makes me happy;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review