Robin Hood Week | | Kickoff + Tag


IT'S HERE!!!  Robin Hood Week is officially beginning!  

I hope y'all are as psyched about this as I am.  We're going to "have crazy fun", aren't we? ;)  

To start off, here's a tag.  (Because one does not simply host a blog party without a tag.  It's just not done.)

But before I begin the tag, I'd like to say something about spoilers during the upcoming party.  I will do my best to mark spoilers satisfactorily in my posts, but the comments section will be open season. I cannot guarantee that there will be no unmarked spoilers in the comments -- in fact, I can basically guarantee that they will be there.  My main concern regarding this is that I know at least three TV shows will be discussed -- *coughs and smirks and Knowing Glances* -- and I should hate for someone to stumble across a major spoiler unwittingly.  So please, everybody, use caution! ;)  

Right, now that we've got that out of the way, here are my answers to my questions!  (Hehe.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

What was your first exposure to Robin Hood?  I'm sure it was the Disney film.  That movie is so good, y'all.  (Stay tuned for a post about it! :))

On a scale of 1 to 10, how big a fan are you?  I'd say anywhere from a 5 to a 7.  It's not my favorite story or anything (unless it's the BBC, of course), but I like it.

How many versions and spin-offs of the legend have you experienced?  *tries hard to remember all of them*  Let's see . . . at least ten.

What is your favorite version of Robin Hood (can be book, movie, TV series, anything)?  Ha.  Ahaha.


You knew the answer to this.  (Well, I mean, of course I did, since I did in fact write these questions, but you all know what I mean.)

Are you one of the lads? (Meaning, have you watched/are you a fan of the BBC show?)  You could say that, yes. 

Who is your favorite Merry Man?  It's different in every version, I think.  In the BBC, Allan; in the Disney, probably Little John or Robin himself; and so forth. 

Do you have a favorite portrayal of Lady Marian?  The BBC will probably be my answer to basically everything, honestly.  

Do you have any interest in or aptitude at archery?  Interest, yes -- aptitude, no.  At least, I haven't ever really tried, so I can't say for sure. 


Is Robin Hood fact or fiction -- which do you think?  I like to think of him as a fact, in some form or another.  I mean, there had to be some source for the legend, however far away from it, right?  (Also, there'll be a post about this later in the week, btw!)

Do you think Robin Hood has been "done to death," or are there still new twists that can be found?  Personally, I'm not sick of it.  I think I've kind of found my permanent favorite *ahem*, but I could be wrong.  And different versions will appeal to different people, so it's important to have several of them, no?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Here are the questions again:

What was your first exposure to Robin Hood?
On a scale of 1 to 10, how big a fan are you?
How many versions and spin-offs of the legend have you experienced?
What is your favorite version of Robin Hood (can be book, movie, TV series, anything)?
Are you one of the lads? (Meaning, have you watched/are you a fan of the BBC show?)
Who is your favorite Merry Man?
Do you have a favorite portrayal of Lady Marian?
Do you have any interest in or aptitude at archery?
Fact or fiction -- which do you think?
Do you think Robin Hood has been "done to death," or are there still new twists that can be found?




THIS WEEK IS GOING TO BE AWESOME.  Don't forget to leave links to your own RH posts HERE.  Or, if you prefer, you can leave links at this post, too. :)  (If you want, you can wait until the end of the week and leave one big comment.  That might be the simplest way.)

Let's do this!!! :)


Comments

  1. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! We ARE going to "have crazy fun"! Yeah! I can't stop yelling!!!

    Ten!? What!? Oh wow! That is a lot!

    Can't wait to do this tag!

    THIS WEEK IS GOING TO BE AWESOME. ! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, it was more than I thought. XD

      "I FEEL THE SAME." :D

      Delete
    2. And in those ten you haven't seen the Errol Flynn and Olivia DeHaviland version? Which ones have you seen/read?

      :D :D :D :D *goes off and does a little dance* *runs back and gives you a bear hug*

      Here are my answers to the tag, it was really fun!
      https://moviesmeetmatch.blogspot.com/2017/05/robin-hood-week-tag.html

      Delete
    3. Haha, not yet! Definitely on the list, though. Oh boy, okay, let's see: the BBC show, Men in Tights, Prince of Thieves, Princess of Thieves, Once Upon a Time, a storybook version with an audio recording, the Ivanhoe book, the Disney movie, and I'm not sure what the others are at the moment. :-P Leverage sort of has a Robin Hood-esque theme, and I've started the book by Howard Pyle but haven't finished it.

      *returns bear hug* Thanks for doing the tag!

      Delete
  2. I haven't a blog party in ages!!! Someone had a Robin Hood party a couple of months ago and I was too busy to take part. Definitely doing this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correction: I haven't done a blog party in ages

      Delete
    2. Ivy, HUZZAH! I'm thrilled you're going to participate! Yeah, I missed out on a few RH parties, too.

      Delete
  3. YAYYYY. I've had this day marked on my calendar for weeks now. :P Let the festivities begin!

    By the way, you won't be holding a contest for a silver arrow by any chance will you? No? Darn it all, I was looking forward to that. :P

    I laughed aloud at your answer to the "favorite version" question. :P

    "The BBC will probably be my answer to basically everything, honestly." THANK YOU. I feel so much better than I'm not the only one who will be talking about the BBC version 99.9% of the times I mention Robin Hood this week. :P

    I'm off to work on the tag now!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME. ;D

      Ahhh!! Is that a reference to the Disney film??!! :D

      Haha, good, I was trying to make it funny but kept coming up with really weird wording. XD

      No indeed, you're in good company. ;) (Psst I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE BBC THEMED POSTS I HAVE COMING UP.)

      Yaysies! :)

      Delete
    2. Actually, I was referring to the BBC Turk Flu episode, but I suppose the Disney film works just as well. ;D

      (OKAY NOW YOU'RE MAKING ME SO EXCITED AHHHHH)

      Delete
  4. You're distracting me from my wedding planning! ;) But I had to play! Thanks for doing this! :)
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2017/05/robin-hood-week-tag-answers.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is reminding me I really need to watch Disney's "Robin Hood"! I always forget that it's a thing; but I'm such a Disney lover, I really have no excuse for NOT watching it.

    BBC-Robin-and-Marian gifs are always so adorable, I'm almost tempted to watch the actual show . . . but . . . um, yeah, I think I'll pass on that :-P

    I'm really looking forward to this party! I know we're going to have a great time <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YOU DO. I think you'd love it. :) It's so much FUN, y'know? (I have a post coming up that may help motivate you even more. ;))

      Hehe . . . yes . . . I kind of want you to watch it but then I kind of don't because #protectiveinstincts. ;-P

      Same!! :D

      Delete
  6. Alas, I still have not seen the BBC (or really any other) version of Robin Hood, so I can't really participate in the festivities... but I look forward to reading everyone else's posts!!

    So... you asked in your tag whether or not we thought Robin Hood was based in reality or not?? Weeeellll, I've always had this kind of weird theory that Robin Hood might be based off of David from the Bible? They just remind me SO MUCH of each other! Living as fugitives, surrounded by fellow outlaws, hated by the king, witty and funny and smart, good at fighting and disguises and trickery...

    Probably ridiculous but fun to think about just the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the spirit, Kayla! ;)

      Oh, wow! I'd certainly never thought of it that way before . . . but sure, there are some parallels!

      Delete
  7. Eeee!! YES. :D THIS IS EXCITINGGG!!!!

    Now I want to fill out the tag - it looks so fun! :D

    What was your first exposure to Robin Hood?
    I don't remember a time when I DIDN'T know Robin Hood. However, one of the earliest memories was that for my 7th birthday I was given the animated Robin Hood and loved it. (Skippy turned 7 in the movie too, I believe, so that also made it special. ;))
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how big a fan are you?
    Of Robin Hood stories in general? Um... well it's not my favourite thing but I do really like it. Maybe a 6 or 7?
    How many versions and spin-offs of the legend have you experienced?
    Um... I've seen the BBC TV show, the animated movie, the Russel Crowe one, the Errol Flynn one... I once saw an incredibly cheesy animated one that I NEVER want to see again (heh :P) and another one that was old and cheesy and had singing and just... was not doing anyone any favours with it's existence.
    What is your favorite version of Robin Hood (can be book, movie, TV series, anything)?
    Oh, I'd have to say the Errol Flynn one, although I appreciate others very much (like the BBC TV show and the animated one).
    Are you one of the lads? (Meaning, have you watched/are you a fan of the BBC show?)
    For sure.
    Who is your favorite Merry Man?
    Will Scarlet is the dearest dear that ever lived in Sherwood Forest. <3
    Do you have a favorite portrayal of Lady Marian?
    Olivia de Havilland nailed it for me.
    Do you have any interest in or aptitude at archery?
    Yes. :D Interest, and aptitude to a degree (though I really should sharpen up my skills a bit more than I currently am doing). Archery is definitely in my top 3 favourite 'sports'.
    Fact or fiction -- which do you think?
    Fact, for the most part. I'm sure there were plenty of *ahem* embellishments, but I truly believe there was a real Robin Hood of old. :)
    Do you think Robin Hood has been "done to death," or are there still new twists that can be found?
    That... is a very good question. I think there HAVE been a lot, but I wouldn't mind if they brought out another - provided it didn't ruin it altogether. I still haven't found one that UTTERLY AND COMPLETELY AND PERFECTLY captures Robin Hood for me, but to be honest, I don't think I ever will. And I'm happy with what I've got.

    That was a fun tag, Olivia! :D And I'm VERY excited for this week!!! Now I might go and practice my archery...

    ~Miss Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE DISNEY FILM FOREVER. YES. <3 :)

      "Another one that was old and cheesy and had singing and just . . . was not doing anyone any favours with its existence." << XD

      I really need to watch the Errol Flynn one.

      Thanks so much for filling out the answers, Meg! They were fun to read. :D

      Delete
  8. Yay! I'm so excited for this week! Since I don't have a blog, I'll leave my answers in this comment. :-)

    What was your first exposure to Robin Hood?
    The first time I was exposed to Robin Hood was through the 1938 movie.

    On a scale of 1 to 10, how big a fan are you?
    I'm about a 5-7 like you. :)

    How many versions and spin-offs of the legend have you experienced?
    3 versions...I think. I'm not sure, but I'll say that to be safe.

    What is your favorite version of Robin Hood (can be book, movie, TV series, anything)?
    I think my favorite version is either the BBC series or the 1938 movie.

    Are you one of the lads? (Meaning, have you watched/are you a fan of the BBC show?)
    I am definitely a fan of the BBC show.

    Who is your favorite Merry Man?
    Do I have to choose one? If I would have to put my finger on one, I would say "Little John."

    Do you have a favorite portrayal of Lady Marian?
    Marian from the BBC series wins hands down.

    Do you have any interest in or aptitude at archery?
    I have a strong interest in archery but since I have never done it, I probably don't have any aptitude.

    Fact or fiction -- which do you think?
    There must have been a man that was like Robin Hood in order for the legend to become real, but it is mostly legend I believe. I like to compare the legends of Robin Hood to the legends of King Arthur.

    Do you think Robin Hood has been "done to death," or are there still new twists that can be found?
    There are still new twists that can be found!!! I love a good retelling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking maybe I need to watch this amazing BBC version??? What do you think? (Haha. Is that even a question? ;))

    That gif of Marian and Robin though. THAT IS SO SWEET!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know when you could try watching it. ;) (Olivia, I promise I'll convert her into one of the lads. You'll be proud. <3)

      Delete
    2. Hahaha. You know? That HAD crossed my mind. ;) But seriously, Natalie, DO WE HAVE TIME??!! The way we're going I'm afraid we'll have to do away with sleep ENTIRELY!! Heehee. :)

      Delete
    3. We won't have time. But we'll make time. Somehow. I guess we could do away with food and such, too? :P

      Delete
    4. We could at least do one episode to get you started....or highlights of all the good episodes. ;)

      Delete
    5. I'm sure we'll think of something. ;) (Sounds fun!)

      Delete
    6. AHHHHHH I HADN'T EVEN THOUGHT OF THIS, BUT YAAAAAAAASSSSS. Natalie, you must convert her. C'mon, girls, good and sleep are for chumps -- y'all have places to be and shows to watch. ;D (ALSO, I'm so sorry I haven't replied to this exciting news yet -- I DO plan to read both of your announcement posts and respond to your email, Natalie, but here's the short version: CONGRATULATIONS, you guys -- you're both such awesome people and I hope you have the visit of a lifetime!! Prayers for a great trip!!!! <3 <3 <3 xo xo :D :D)

      Delete
    7. *food. I meant to say, food and sleep are for chumps, not good and sleep. ;-P

      Delete
    8. Olivia--I HOPE TO. :D And hahaha, exactly. ;) Maybe we can make a it a COUPLE days without food and sleep, at least! :P (No problem. I understand! THANK YOU SO MUCH, DEAR FRIEND. <333 We'll be thinking of you!)

      Delete
  10. Woo! The party is underway!

    My answers are here: http://fencernanowrimo.blogspot.com/2017/05/robin-hood-week-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I decided to answer the tag here on my other blog, since I have the Directors Blogathon to contribute to this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review