Lovely Blog Party || My Top Ten Love Songs NOT from Musical Theatre



These are in no order, by the way. ;)

✾ "Love Story" - Taylor Swift ✾


If the opening bars of this song don't Take You Back, then I don't know what to say about your despoiled tweenhood.  

This song is basically the quintessential love song, to me. <3 It's not the most emotional or stirring, but it delivers ALLLL the nostalgia and the classic fairytale feel. :)

✾ "This Love" - Taylor Swift ✾


The instrumentals on this song are so cool.  The whole sound is muffled and dreamlike, and it works so well in painting a picture of the lyrics ("lantern burning flickered in my mind for only you").  It's really cool.  

(AND ALSO THIS SONG WAS MADE TO BE PUT IN A RARIAN FAN VID, BY THE WAY.  It was just made for it, I tell you.)

✾ "Oh, My Love" - The Score ✾


IT'S SO HAPPYYYYYYYY. *hugs self contentedly*  

Listen to this one, too.  It will brighten your day, just like "Daffodils" from Big Fish in the other day's post.

✾ "Hypnotize Me" - Taylor Berrett ✾


This one, too.  Very happy and . . . I don't know . . . almost boho-sounding?  Idk but I like it.

✾ "Stand By You" - Rachel Platten ✾


I love how upbeat and anthemic this song is, and how good the message is.  Stand by your peeps, peeps. 

✾ "Shut Up and Dance" - Walk the Moon ✾


Here's a fact about me: I am not a dancer.  Not classically, not casually.  I don't dance, really, very much at all.

However . . . I've loved this song since it first came out.  It makes me so happy. :D

✾ "Something I Need" * - OneRepublic ✾


*Warning: This does have one curse word in it.

I only heard this for the first time fairly recently, but I really like it.  It's gotten under my skin, as it were.

✾ "Arms" - Christina Perri ✾


This song is special to me for a non-romantic reason, but I still appreciate it as a romantic song. :)  

✾ "For the Dancing and the Dreaming" ✾


And all the HTTYD fans said, "Amen." ;D  I had never really noticed this song until the Hollenses covered it.  Now, I'm all but sure that it'll be the first dance song at my wedding. 

✾ "Lingering" - Sheppard ✾


Another very recent find to which I've quickly grown attached.  It has such a nice, mellow, innocent feel to it.  (To clarify, I don't really think that one should just "wait around" for one's better half, but I love this song just the same.)

Also, "Saturn" by Sleeping at Last probably should be on this list, because it's one of the best I've ever heard, but it's also kind of too emotional for me to listen to on a regular basis.  I mean, it crushes my feels, as it were.  So, yeah.  That's why it's not on this list. :-P

What are some of your favorite love songs?

Comments

  1. That Walk the Moon song!!! At first I didn't like it (don't know why), but ah! Now I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of inexplicably endearing, isn't it?! :D

      Delete
  2. I don't listen to a lot of love songs, but "Oh My Love" is a cool song!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. "LOVE STORY" IS A TRUE CLASSIC AND WILL BE REMEMBERED WHEN ALL OTHER 2000's SONGS HAVE DIED OUT.

    (No but srsly tho. I adore "Love Song." *all the happy squishy nostalgia feels*)

    "Something I Need" reminds me muchly of Tammi and Dirk <333

    My favorite love songs? Oh gosh. I was just thinking about that this morning actually . . . "Sweet Child O'Mine" by Guns 'N Roses is definitely HIGH on the list and will certainly be played at my wedding, hard rock or no hard rock ;-) I also get a lot of happy feelings from "Friday I'm in Love" by The Cure, for all it's so weird. And "Demons" by Imagine Dragons kinda speaks to the darker parts of my soul, while still offering hope. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PREACH IT, MY GIRL. *joins you in experiencing "all the happy squishy nostalgia feels"*

      Yesssssssssss. <3 <3

      Ooh, I ought to look those up! I think I've heard the chorus of "Sweet Child O'Mine," but not really the rest of it. And I know the Imagine Dragons song, too. ;) I feel like that one particularly works well for certain "darker" fan videos, you know?

      Delete
  4. Yeah, Love Story is a classic. ;)

    Stand by You is amazing too! I also love her song "Better Place".

    Something I Need is kinda my jam. ;D And yes, same with Shut up and Dance!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just listened to Oh My love for the first time and... YES! It's like my ideal kinda road trip song to jam to. :D

      Delete
    2. Yesh. :)

      Oh, yes, "Better Place" is also adorable!

      Good taste, yours. ;)

      Squeee, isn't it fun and happy?! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review