MEMM Day 15

Prompt:  Favorite moment/line in An Unexpected Journey

Favorite moment:


 When Bilbo does "the whimper."


Oh, and when Thorin rolls his eyes and  kicks the dwarves when he realizes what Bilbo's trying to do.



Favorite line:

Bilbo's speech at the end:

"Look, I know you doubt me.  I know you always have.  And you're right, I often think of Bag End.  I miss my books.  And my armchair, and my garden.  See, that's where I belong--that's home.  And that's why I came back, because…you don't have one.  A home.  It was taken from you.  But I will help you take it back, if I can."

And Gandalf's little soliloquy:

"Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found.  I have found it's in the small things--everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keeps the darkness at bay.  Simple acts of kindness, and love.  Why Bilbo Baggins?  Perhaps it is because I am afraid--and he gives me courage."

Comments

  1. I think Bilbo's speech at the end is going to be my favorite part too. So beautiful, and then when you tie it to Thorin's death speech about valuing home above gold... wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing part. So simple, yet powerful. Yes! Especially if you tie it into Thorin's farewell...oh the feels!

      Delete
  2. It is a great speech Bilbo gives. The Gandalf one is really good too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review