MEMM Day 7

Prompt:  Lines you quote most often in real life




This might be the tagline about which I'm most excited:D  Let's see, shall we?  Oh, and I feel I should tell you, I personally quote Gollum a lot.  Yeah.  I don't know why…  So, these are the lines I think my family and I use more often than the others.

"Stupid, fat hobbit, you ruins it!" (in fun, of course)

"I/we hates it forever!" (told you we quote Gollum a good deal)

"Mushrooms!"

"Run, Shadowfax.  Show us the meaning of haste."  

"One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man."  "How many did you eat?"  "Four."

"It comes in pints?!  I'm getting one!"

"I am a Baggins - *whimper* - of Bag End." 

"PO-TAY-TOES!"

"One does not simply..."

"We've had one, yes, but what about second breakfast?"

"Should we share it with Treebeard?"  "Share it?  *hesitates*  Uh, no.  No!"


Like I said, these are the ones I think we use more often than others, but to be honest, we don't quote LOTR quite as much as might be expected *gasp*

My brothers and I also burst into snatches of LOTR credit songs spontaneously, which inevitably leads to feels and nostalgia on everyone's part, and severe fangirling on mine;)


A random picture of Legolas that makes me laugh way too hard.


Comments

  1. YASSSSSSSSSS! Potatoes!!!! My friends now know never to mention Potatoes around me again

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit, I do not remember any of these quotes. It has been so long since I have watched anything Lord of the Rings. I suppose eventually I will watch them again. My daughters have never seen them....so maybe I will show them at the same time one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "What's taters, precious?"

    :-D

    All excellent quotes! And many seem to revolve around food... I'm sensing a theme here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quotes! Several of these are ones my family uses as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! The quotes about food are just too applicable…:D

      Delete
    2. Speaking of food, I forgot that we also sing "So juicy, sweeeeeet!" sometimes as well. Particularly if fish is on the menu.

      Delete
    3. Haha, yes: "So juicy SWEEET!" is a great one. There's something distinctly unnerving about the fact that Gollum's lines are so adaptable to everyday life...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review