MEMM Days 5 & 6

Day 5 prompt:  Favorite soundtrack

That most esteemed place of honor goes to The Fellowship of the Ring's soundtrack.  I mentioned it in this post, but I'd like to go a little more in-depth.

This soundtrack is my preferred among the movies because it's the one I most enjoy listening to as a complete album (and isn't that cover amazing?!).  I also like the hopeful vibe of the music in the first movie.  The spotlight tracks would be, of course, "Concerning Hobbits," "The Breaking of the Fellowship (it includes "In Dreams")", and "May It Be."  Oh, and Enya's little theme for Aragorn and Arwen, "Aníron".  It's beautiful, too.  "Concerning Hobbits" is the one spot of undiminished cheerfulness in the trilogy, for me (not the only spot of joy, but of cheerfulness).  Accordingly, the music is bouncy and happy and warm-fuzzies-inducing;)  "May It Be" is just pure oh-my-goodness.  The lyrics, though:  "May it be, when 
darkness falls, your heart will be true.  You walk a lonely road--oh, how far you are from home…May it be the shadow's call will fly away; may it be you journey on to light the day.  When the night is overcome, you may rise to find the sun…"  Ohhhhh! *melts*  But the most impressive track to me, musically speaking, is probably "The Breaking of the Fellowship."  You know the part when they bring the theme back in, strong and powerful, and they add percussion?  What even.  It's awesome.


Day 6 prompt:  Favorite moment/line in The Two Towers

*grins and nudges friends with elbow*

*more grinning*

Do you guys know why I'm grinning?  It's 'cause Faramir enters the scene in The Two Towers.  So I'se happy;)

Ahem.  So, moving on, favorite moment/line/scene/thingy.  An obvious (and very good) choice is Sam's speech.  I mean, how can you handle this?

Sorry for the size of this one, but I think you'll agree 't'was necessary.


That's clearly one of my favorite parts.  The strength and hope and courage in that moment is unbelievable.  However, there's another favorite part worthy of mention.

This one right here:


When Faramir decides to release Frodo and Sam, though he well knows it may cost him his life.  This scene, the dialogue, just…*sighs*

Beregond (his name is Beregond, isn't it?):  "You know the laws of our country, the laws of your father. If you let them go, your life will be forfeit."  


Faramir:  "Then it is forfeit.  Release them."


Fangirls everywhere:  *all of us collapse in undignified heaps, drenched in tears and feels and just OH*


Comments

  1. I saw a whole bunch of Lord of Rings Lego sets at Toys R Us today and thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww:D yes, the fact that there is such a thing as LOTR Lego sets makes me happy...

      Delete
  2. Excellent moments, both! I'm not sure if that's supposed to be Beregond or not -- probably is, considering how devoted to Faramir he is in the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?!:D

      Yeah, that's what I was thinking...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review