The Lines We Quote

Enough's enough.  I'm gonna go ahead and steal this marvelous idea from the numerous other blogs which have done it.

I got to demonstrate a little bit of the movie line jargon my family throws about with abandon in day 7 of the Middle Earth Movies Meme, but I'd like to share some of the lines we use from other sources than my dear LOTR.

So!

From MOVIES:
~ "Saints above, Pauline, will you keep out of this?!"
~ "Not up there, girl, you'll brain me!"
~ "That's not Christian!  That's simply not Christian!"
~ "That piano isn't meant to be played!"
~ "I said drrrenched and I meant drrrenched."
~ "Oh, Pauline.  Pauline, now you've done it." (One of our favorites)
~ "He has no compassion on my poor nerves!"
~ "Oh, well, what do we live for, but to make sport for our neighbors and laugh at them in our turn?"
~ "We're Americans; we don't think, we do!"
~ "Let it go, let it go..."
~ "Feast your eyes!"  (Yes, unfortunately, we use this one.  But not as it's used in the movie.  No.  Indeed not)
~ "ReSPECT Evelyn!"
~ "She can hear you!"
~ "Science!"
~ "Just don't kill 'em, Hub."
~ "JUST GET IN THE CAR!"
~ "Grabbies!"
~ "The Phaaaaantom of the opera is heeeere, inside my miiiind....DUNNNHH, dunn dunn dunn dunn DUNNNHH!"
~ "He's here, the Phantom of the opera!"
~ "I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie..."
~ "Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you!"
~ "But I'm a child, I like toys!"
~ "Tell me every delicious detail."
~ "The riverbed's changed!"
~ "But have you read it? *hiccup*"
~ "Oh, we're going to talk about me, are we?  Goody."

From COMEDIANS:
~ "It's just so stupid."
~ "Did I ever tell you about the time..."
~ "I'm just being serious."
~ "Did you enjoy that, Captain Pervert?  I hope you did."
~ "Yeah, like the dog's out there going, 'Oh, my bad, my bad...'"
~ "Have you ever been so thirsty..."
~ "There's no grapes!  There's no nuts!"
~ "Did you hear what I just said? *taps imaginary microphone*"
~ "Folks, if you ever come across a group of polar bears...run."
~ "That's, uh, my power-step."

From AUDIOBOOKS:
~ "What, what, what?"
~ "You should have seen her this morning - loop de loop, graceful as you please, straight into the jolly old ditch on her snout."
~ "Drover..."
~ "Go ahead, ask me anything."
~ "Ilsa says..."
~ "mmHiiii, Hannky..."
~ "Get 'im, Hanky, get 'im!"

From VARIOUS OTHER SOURCES:
~ "Is this tacky?"
~ "I'm so glad I don't live in the real world..."
~ "Eww, she didn't use Duke's mayonnaise!"
~ "When this is over, we gonn' have us a long talk."
~ "They got [whatever] on sale up at the Walmart."

Yeah...it's kind of a lot...


Comments

  1. Hahaha! "I said drrrrrrrrrrrrrrenched, and I meant drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrenched!" is one of my favorite lines ever ever ever. And yes, I do use it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that line:D My mother and I sometimes just start dialoguing in Pauline/Mrs. Harris lines. It's actually pretty bad…;D

      Delete
    2. So, what movie is the "drenched" line from anyway? Hee. My family appears to quote a completely different set of movies! The only line I recognize here is from Sound of Music.

      It is so much fun to quote movies and stuff, isn't it? I like this "everything quoted" post, as an expansion from just the Middle-Earth movies. Very fun.

      Delete
    3. The "drenched" line is from Anne of Green Gables 2:) Isn't it great how every family has their own unique repertoire of movie references?

      Oh, it is! I do it far too often;)

      Aww, thanks! 'T'was fun!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Chloe! (I can't believe I didn't respond to this before now *facepalm*)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day. Seriously. I'd be so happy if you commented. :)

I've gotten really bad about replying in a timely manner, but it's always my intention to do so eventually. (Even though it doesn't always happen. ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Movies: Month in Review {February 2018}

Ivanhoe (1997) movie review

BBC Robin Hood TV Series, Season 1 Review